Santa Came Early!!!!! CCMG .22LR upper is Here!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    To my Surprise, CMMG said it wouldnt be here until next week ... But my 22 LR upper came in Fri.:rockwoot: Now all I need is my P.A. 1-4 Scope to come in and my Mag order to come in and its to the range I go!!:ar15:
    I got my UTG Rail from an INGO member (Slade) today .. Darned Nice guy BTW Id advise anyone to do business w him if the oppertunity arises!
    Before anyone starts Pickin .. I went w a UTG rail because this is an economical plinker/trainer. No point IMHO to put a DD or YHM or some other high dollar rail .. when this one will serve my needs just fine.. Im not going to war with it. Besides these UTG's can take a whipping and stay locked in nice and tight and have no probs w them except the paint scratches.
    SPECS SO FAR
    CMMG M4LE .22lr upper w UTG rail (Stainless Internals)
    CMMG Factory Gas Block
    DPMS Factory Lower .. (off of 5.56 Upper)
    Ergo Grip
    Magpul CTR stock
    Grip-pod GPS-02
    IMG_0041.jpg

Last edited:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Awesome. The price on these uppers is about the best out there.

What kind of magazines does CMMG use?

Does it say anywhere whether to use a notched or rounded hammer?

Thanks

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    Not just the price .. But the Quality!!!! These are wonderful lil uppers .. The wgt is comperable to a 5.56 upper .. CMMG stands behind their product You have a problem you call them they take care of everything .. problem disappears! A buddy of mine did the initial testing on these uppers as well as working on testing their new 5.5 in .22LR for those SBR Addicts/Junkies:D I went shooting with him and fell in love with these things .. He's up to a rediculous number of rds fired on his 16' test upper and has had 3 FTFs and that was some ammo I would have been shocked if it would have worked.. it was prolly 12 yrs old and in the bottom of a drawer.

The CMMGs take a basic Ceiner Conv Mag .. these are made by CMMG, Black Dog Mag, and who knows who else is working on them by now.

As far as a type of hammer I havnt heard of a difference in compatibility between the two and any one upper. I know Dave has used both types and incurred not problems at all.
    CMMG went at this the right way they did their research looked at all the problems people had w other brands of dedicated uppers and tried their best to improve upon those issues and better their design so that when you go that upper in your hands it was ready to shoot .. no tinkering w it.. no spring trimming etc just simply Slap on lower load mag squeeze trigger and Smile like a possum eating garbage

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Nice job. I have been looking at these uppers for a while as an option vs. my current BCG conversion. Give us a range report when you get a chance and have a Merry Christmas!

Top Bottom