• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I am excited to be sitting in my stand at 6:30 waiting for the sun to come up and what might see. Last year opening day a coyote came from the opposite field into the woods and he was on a mission trailing something.

That early morning time up until 9 is awesome.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    My son has a soccer game Saturday morning so i will be going Saturday afternoon and then again Sunday. The weekend seems like it is taking longer than normal to get here.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I never get in any hurry the first week or two of bow season. I'll go, but I won't put a lot of time into the first two weeks. The best part of bow season is always the last two weeks right before gun season opens. The deer are closer to the rut and the crops are generally out of the fields and the deer seem to move a lot more. The last two weeks of early bow season I will spend every hour I can in a tree stand.

For those who are going this weekend...GOOD LUCK! Stay Safe and wear your safety belt/harness while your in your stand.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I see low 40s are forecast for Saturday AM. A nice change, since I can't get excited about hunting in T shirt weather.

Cold mornings make me think of fur priming up, and grazers getting antsy.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm with you Brad, excited opening weekend just because they haven't been messed with yet, but looking forward to that first week of November when it gets NUTS!

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    For those of you not excited about opening weekend...October 3, 2009. First time in that stand that was hung 1 week before season after a spotlighting trip the week before. Sneak in, don't stink, stay quiet.

ericdeer.jpg

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I am excited to be sitting in my stand at 6:30 waiting for the sun to come up and what might see. Last year opening day a coyote came from the opposite field into the woods and he was on a mission trailing something.

That early morning time up until 9 is awesome.

But this year you can carry your pistol to protect your self from those pesky yotes without a CCL. ;)
    Indiana General Assembly

My lease is paid, scouting is done, deer stand is up, and I have a steel tipped carbon injection ready for that big buck that crosses in front of my stand Sat. morning. :rockwoot:

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I never get in any hurry the first week or two of bow season. I'll go, but I won't put a lot of time into the first two weeks. The best part of bow season is always the last two weeks right before gun season opens. The deer are closer to the rut and the crops are generally out of the fields and the deer seem to move a lot more. The last two weeks of early bow season I will spend every hour I can in a tree stand.

For those who are going this weekend...GOOD LUCK! Stay Safe and wear your safety belt/harness while your in your stand.

Yeah..i haven't seen much opening weekend...your right end of Oct is when I see the most. Got my 10 point last year during firearm...never got one yet during bow so I need as much stand time as I can get. After last year I am in it just to be outside..get me a nice young doe for some good meat.:yesway:

rao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    I'm counting down the minutes to Saturday morning. I don't usually get too excited early season as the weather is usually a bit too warm but this weekend is supposed to be nice a cool. I hunt down in the Hoosier National forest and I've had great luck down there. The hunting there is best the week leading up to gun season. I seldom venture in the woods during shotgun season as there are way too many close calls with people who think alcohol makes them better hunters....lol.

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    I first started hunting my 2nd year of college and with football & class I was never really able to get any time in the woods so I am pretty excited about this season. Monday I went out with a friend to put some stands up and while I was up in a tree checking the view/shooting lanes and my friend was below sitting on a 4 wheeler 2 doe walked within 50 yards of us. At another stand location we could see 4 deer in a bean field about 150 yards away. Then as we were leaving the property we passed two other fields with about 10 deer in total. We are both very excited to see what this weekend has in store for us especially with the temps dipping into the low 40's possibly high 30's. Hopefully we will have some pictures to post and meat in the freezer. Best of luck to everyone this season.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Clothes are washed, backpack is packed up, bow is tuned. I'm ready to go. We did a little spotlighting run the other night just to see who was out sneaking around. Got to the farm I hunt and low and behold had a dandy right next to one of my treestands. I'm gonna go to a different stand saturday morning and save that one for the evening. With the cool weather inbound I couldn't be more excited.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I just got back from doing a little watchin up in the stand. Didn't see anything, but my hopes are high since I'm huntin in the same spot as last year when I shot the lil 14 pointer in my avatar on opening evening. Unfortunetly I work nights friday through tuesday, but I will be out early tuesday mornin for sure !!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I will probably sit back a few hundred yards and watch my spot with binocs at sundown tonight from the road, hoping they stick to a pattern I've seen. Pretty excited!

Top Bottom