• Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Answering the OP’s questions...

yes. These are belly guns. Unfortunately some times both belly's.

yes. POI is variable by muzzle rise at bullet exit. Pressure, velocity, types of Bullets, and grip on the gun can affect Where the hole ends up.

I played around with All types of these guns extensively back in the day and Lost interest because of the quality. I locked one in a vise and pulled the trigger with a string in developing smokeless rounds. Some of the experiments did in fact destroy the gun And could have caused injury. Ammo went through a metamorphosis in that time as an industry standard was loosely being developed. Confusing names, sizing difference And powder volume between lots Etc put everything in a not so intuitive way for the end user.

I hope this helps.

enjoy your hobby but be very careful.

kisskollector

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2020
    CLARKSVILLE
    Answering the OP’s questions...

yes. These are belly guns. Unfortunately some times both belly's.

yes. POI is variable by muzzle rise at bullet exit. Pressure, velocity, types of Bullets, and grip on the gun can affect Where the hole ends up.

I played around with All types of these guns extensively back in the day and Lost interest because of the quality. I locked one in a vise and pulled the trigger with a string in developing smokeless rounds. Some of the experiments did in fact destroy the gun And could have caused injury. Ammo went through a metamorphosis in that time as an industry standard was loosely being developed. Confusing names, sizing difference And powder volume between lots Etc put everything in a not so intuitive way for the end user.

I hope this helps.

enjoy your hobby but be very careful.

Appreciate it thanks!

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Well, tell you what. A .31 caliber percussion revolver with a 4" or 6" barrel can be loaded with 4Fg or even Triple Seven and give you more leeway in reloading for both power levels and bullet designs. So I sold my little 1887 Smith & Wesson and opted for a 1849 Colt. But the little .32 was a lot of fun too. Some people really like messing around with brass cartridge cases so to each his own.

Top Bottom