Saudi officials kill journalist, what's the response going to be?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think the dead dude was an ahole who's death matters not one iota to the US and the only reason it's been blown up is because he was supposedly a 'journalist'.
    The left thinks they can use it to smear Trump. That is the only reason it’s been blown up.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump dislikes a certain portion of the media so he's responsible for every so called journalists deaths on the planet. Even if it's from natural causes.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I like what Rand Paul had to say. Also its been pointed out when we continue providing Saudi Arabia with billions in weapons we can't absolve ourselves from their actions.
    I can't tell if there's just so much Saudi money lobbying in DC things won't change or if genuinely intelligent people high up think our current relationship with Saudi Arabia is a necessary evil.

[video=youtube_share;wn8D6QlQ_dE]https://youtu.be/wn8D6QlQ_dE[/video]

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wanted to punish Saudi Arabia a long time ago. They aren't really our friends. They are just a semi-civilized arab state so they see the U.S. as a cash cow and security guards for their oil, and use us for that while funding and promoting terrorism under the table.
    Never trust a man in a dress

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wanted to punish Saudi Arabia a long time ago. They aren't really our friends. They are just a semi-civilized arab state so they see the U.S. as a cash cow and security guards for their oil, and use us for that while funding and promoting terrorism under the table.
    Never trust a man in a dress

Not even Uncle Milty?

972ef33d443b0c9fa0a7e6f50a7da30d.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Couple things:
    - SA story now evolving that it was a "rogue" operation, not ordered by the Crown Prince.

- Interesting to me that so many people have a difficult time being that someone's fundamental principles can evolve over time. That their more recent actions might reflect a different understanding of the world, especially as they grow to have more influence, or maybe even power. Or just gain different perspective. I mean, I think there's an INGO consensus that a leopard can change its spots.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Couple things:
    - SA story now evolving that it was a "rogue" operation, not ordered by the Crown Prince.

- Interesting to me that so many people have a difficult time being that someone's fundamental principles can evolve over time. That their more recent actions might reflect a different understanding of the world, especially as they grow to have more influence, or maybe even power. Or just gain different perspective. I mean, I think there's an INGO consensus that a leopard can change its spots.

Why you gotta turd the punchbowl like that?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think a majority can see the Saudis are shoveling some major bull turd here.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think a majority can see the Saudis are shoveling some major bull turd here.
    At least they didn't do an Idi Amin and say he died in a car accident. Well wait, they day is still young.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why you gotta turd the punchbowl like that?

That may become my OTHER nickname here. ;)

At least they didn't do an Idi Amin and say he died in a car accident. Well wait, they day is still young.

Well, one of the "team" might've died like that already.

Frankly, if SA steps up and says they're going to prosecute the individuals because it happened on their property and involved their citizens, and the wrongdoers are punished severely enough (unfortunately, that probably will involve human rights abuses), then this issue will be effectively defused.

I think we've learned that certain anonymously sourced reporting is better than others. ;)

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Why is everyone still thinking this guy was a "journalist?" He was an intel op-- an ISLAMIST ONE-- with a byline because he wrote op-eds.

A journalist he was NOT.

Play spook games, win spook prizes.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why is everyone still thinking this guy was a "journalist?" He was an intel op-- an ISLAMIST ONE-- with a byline because he wrote op-eds.

A journalist he was NOT.

Play spook games, win spook prizes.

^^^^ Fake news.

He may have provided intel to various places - including the US and allied governments - but he was a journalist.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Dude had a career in journalism that goes back to the Russian invasion of Afghanistan.

Just one link (I believe GPIashisfunsudsudhfihsnndn has posted others):
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45812399

Believe it or not, there are journalists that report in languages other than English, in American media outlets.

ETA:
    Better linkification:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-45789369

So your argument is that he's a journalist AND an Islamist spook? Or that he has no islamist ties?

Top Bottom