• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Another one...
    protester jumps in front of big ass truck.
    same green mustang involved in chase in previous post goes after the truck.
    the “abolish the police” crowd are quick to scream for police when they want help....

https://twitter.com/WxBrenn/status/1309356219358871558
    The most disturbing thing is that when the ACAB nuts scream for police help the DA runs to help them. I saw a news broadcast from LA saying that they'd arrested the drivers of the white car and the truck.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    You are correct. Awindow down 1" and free from the upper seals is exponentially harder to break than a fully sealed window. partially open it can flex. You dont get that flex when its supported on all sides.

I disagree. The edge of the glass is always the weakest point and leaving it exposed is a major risk for a variety of other reasons too. It also provides a point to gain leverage. I could probably pop a "vented" car window with my leatherman, but there's no way I'd smash through a closed one with it. It's also worth mentioning that you're not just releasing it from the upper seal when you crack it. Normally you're releasing it from the front of the run channel and the door "fuzzy" as well, which leaves that front corner almost entirely unsupported.

I'll also put it out there as anecdotes that I watched as a would-be thief swung a full size tire iron, and swung it like man, at the driver's window of my truck and it failed to break (he'd have been way better off stabbing at it, or like CM said). It was rolled all the way up. I also used to design window run channels and weather strips for a living. Your entire window is already rubber mounted and the rubber provides about all of the "flex" you actually want the glass to have. If you really ram jam on a closed window, you can probably push it around by maybe an 1/8" just in the rubber seals. That could vary depending on vehicle, but I think you get my point.

So.. Without actually testing it, that's where my thoughts are at on that one.

Top Bottom