• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fatal T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just picked up my Savage 10 BAT/S in .308. Mounted a Vortex Viper 6.5x20. I've been lapping the barrel with my bore butter before I put the first rounds down range and brake in the barrel. I'll keep ya posted on how it shoots.

Fatal T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I agree Alan! It is a great scope! I got it from you!

Ive just Kinda knicknamed it bore butter. It is made by Brownells. It is J-B Bore compounds. With a new barrel there are usually small imperfections from the milling of the barrel. I usually just mop the barrel with it. About 300-500 strokes before the first round down range just to pollish the **** out of it! After doin this to my 204 and my SASS I swear by it and highly recomend it! They are both sub MOA at 100yds.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Ive just Kinda knicknamed it bore butter. It is made by Brownells. It is J-B Bore compounds. With a new barrel there are usually small imperfections from the milling of the barrel. I usually just mop the barrel with it. About 300-500 strokes before the first round down range just to pollish the **** out of it! After doin this to my 204 and my SASS I swear by it and highly recomend it! They are both sub MOA at 100yds.

I dont want to get into an argument because you swear by it, but i swear you are wasting your time and causing unneeded wear to the barrel. To each their own i suppose though.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    this is what i was talking about
    2hi73i9.jpg

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I am a big fan of JB non-imbedding bore cleaning compound. When accuracy of my match rifles starts to deteriorate, this is what I use to get the bore really clean and back to original. It is my annual guilty, "I should be cleaning my rifle" substance of choice to get it really clean.

It is basically clay in a lube emulsifier. It will not remove any barrel metal, just carbon and soft copper deposits. It does absolutely no damage to any barrel, no matter how often or vigorously it is used. It simply is not that aggressive.

If it makes you feel good to use it as a "bore butter" on a new rifle, go for it. It makes the bore shiny, but it does not remove any machining marks or heat cracking.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I tried to post pics last night. I couldn't get it to work. Don't know how.

You need to upload the photographs to an online hosting site, then use its URL to host the picture here.

www.imageshack.us is the site I use....

simply use image shack to upload the photographs from your computers hard drive... then image shack will host the photo and give you a direct link to it.

Paste that direct link inside an INGO post inside IMG tags

it will look like this

IMG]

Fatal T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I used the J-B compound on 2 previous rifles new rifles, .204 and my .308 SASS, and they shoot amazing! I shot with a buddy who had the same .308 SASS rifle with a Leupold and at 300yds he was struggling to get any hits on target. I was putting 5 shot groups on target! Same rifle and I had the Vortex on mine. He was pissed!!! I had mopped the barrel with the J-B prior to the first shot and swabbed the barrel every 5 shots during break in.

Top Bottom