• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I have a Savage 10fp in 308 cal.. I fired 2 rounds from 2 different boxes of Mag-Tek and had problems with both. The problem I was having is after I fired them I could not get the bolt to come back it would rotate though. The cases had to be basically beat out so we werent able to see the case before we damaged it. I then tried Remington rounds and had no problems with it. I don't think there is a problem with the rifle since switching ammo caused a different reaction.

I did notice when I fired the Mag-Tek the rifle did not really come back it basically shot the muzzle straight up. But when I fired the Remington it recoiled back like it should.

I don't know much about Mag-Tek quality but seemed to be loaded to hot or lead was seated to far into the brass. Also was thinking that maybe the brass is expanding to much.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am not a big fan of magtech and will not buy anymore.
    I have not had the issues you have had but I have only used their 9mm and 45 acp.
    I did not like how dirty it was. That is my biggest complaint

nickl16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    I will keep this in mind when buying ammo for my Savage... I haven't run into any issues yet. I would agree that the ammo was pretty hot or real cheap brass.

Top Bottom