• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    I just purchased a Savage 110 in 30-06 at a auction on Saturday and really got to look and play with it today. I do have to say that is has what is probably the crappiest (if that is a word) trigger pull that I have every felt. Can anyone suggest something to do to help lighten the trigger pull and to smoothe it out. I would guess that the trigger pull is upwards of 8-10 pounds. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    go to savage shooters.com and look around for an article on triggers. the model 10s and 11s i have are adjustable. very easy

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Savage 110 Trigger Adjustment

Odd. I have a 110 with one of the pre-Accu triggers.
    The other day at IGW, Nick set the trigger pull scale and it broke at 4.5 lbs. It is quite crisp.

Try the adjustment instructions above and see if that doesn't help.

mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    Thanks for the replies and options. I think I will try adjusting the trigger pull using the directions on the link in the last post. The worst thing I could do is have to buy another trigger. Thanks for the link, Antsi!! My neighbor thinks I should just sell the rifle and get a Remington 700 from Gunbroker. Now, I'm not real sure which way to go. Any suggestions? Thanks Mike.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I love my 700s but every Savage I have shot has been very accurate. Work on the trigger and I'll bet you have a good shooter.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    My savage 110 is very accurate. Accuracy starts to go away after around 35 rounds. But I've punched prairie dogs with it out to 650 yards. (.308 ) I just have to clean it and accuracy comes right back.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    buy a couple boxs ammo and go to the range and try it out. believe you will be more than happy with the savage. my son and i own 5. not the prettiest rifle out there but they are known as usually being the most accurate rifle out of the box there is. our .308 rifles will shoot .75" 5 shot groups regularly. will do better than that when we are having a good day.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Savage is the way to go, they have been winning the varmint hunter compotitions for the last couple of years.
    The nice thing about savage is the ease of changing barrels, if you go to www.savageshooters mentioned above, there are all kinds of post on how to work on them(changing barrels, doing a bolt lift mod, etc)
    The owner of Sharp Shooter suppy posts on there.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I adjusted the trigger on my Savage a bit. Out of the box it was about 5#. It's now about 2.5#, breaks like and icicle and minimal over travel.

I did not know about the overtravel adjustment, and would rep antsi again if I could.

Mine is a 110FP, 20" bull barrel in .308.

our .308 rifles will shoot .75" 5 shot groups regularly. will do better than that when we are having a good day.

This is my experience too.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    My savage 110 is very accurate. Accuracy starts to go away after around 35 rounds. But I've punched prairie dogs with it out to 650 yards. (.308 ) I just have to clean it and accuracy comes right back.

Is that a heavy/bull/match barrel, or a tapered/lightweight/hunting/sporter/whatever style barrel?

I am going to be doing some load development with my 110 soon and I'm interested to know how many rounds I can shoot before needing to let it cool and/or clean it.

Mine is the standard tapered barrel like on a hunting rifle.

mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    Thanks Nayls....I think I am gonna try to work the trigger myself. I guees the worst thing I could do is screw up the trigger and have to replace it anyway. :) It sounds like the Savage is a pretty good rifle, so I feel better about my purchase. Thanks to all that replied!! Mike

Top Bottom