• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    I am wanting to get a scoped bolt-action rifle and I seen in the Gander Mountain ad a Savage 111 in 30-06 for $499. Does anyone have anything to say about this rifle, good, bad, or ugly?? Thanks, Mike

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i think they can be found cheaper.... but what you buy really depends on the application... that said, savages are some pretty good guns right out of the box.... hold out for a little longer, spend just a tad more, and get one with the "new" accustock, you will be glad you waited.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I own one Savage, and I love it more then any other rifle I have ever shot. Also the rifle comes equiped with a 3x9x40 scope, if my memory is correct. For me I like a higher powerd scope, for 100+ yards.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    I love the savage 110's and 111's but that price seems high. I don't know what kind of scope those packages come with but you can usually find good used savages for around $300.00. A shop I visit in ohio recently had brand new in box 110's in .270, 30-06, or 7mm mag for $199.99. That leaves a lot of money for a good scope. I think these were older models without the accutriger or accustock but those are still great rifles. I would shop around first before i pay that much.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I'd pass on that as well, don't like that price. Get a decent used one and spend your $$$ on glass. They may be out there but I haven't seen a 111 yet that didn't shoot.

Paxton383

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    Liberty
    I havent shot the 111 but i have a couple savage rifles and they are really good quality and shoot really well right out of the box.

mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I have always been kinda worried about buying a used rifle. I guess I have too many war stories on how the barrels could be shot out or damaged by inproper cleaning. Maybe I should look into a used one and save some money for a good scope.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Don't be scared of used guns. The vast majority of the guns i have purchased have been used. If you are unsure of what you are looking at then just make sure you shop at good shops that have a good reputation for taking care of their customers. Ask the salesperson questions and if they are rude, unhelpfull, or just doesn't seem to care the take your business elsewhere.
    The classifieds on here are another great place to look. I have purchased quite a few guns from sellers on here and have never been burned. If you see something your interested in take some time to see if there is anyfeed on that seller, what kind of rep they have, and what kind of post they have. Anybody that is selling shoddy merchandice will not last long in the classifieds here.

Top Bottom