• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I have shot two, both in 243 and really like them. Wonderful rifle carbine. Light, accurate. Triggers were a bit squishy, but not bad. Good luck finding one.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Picture023-1.jpg

One of my favorite levers. Mine in 308 also.

Savage has been rumored to bring it back. Has never happened. I don't think you can make that rifle anymore. If they did I think it might MSPR over 1000.

Information on them is somewhat spotty. If you get what they call the Lever Boss I can give you its date of birth. It should be a circle with a letter and number on it.

I would shy away from the clip version the savage 99c. You want the rotory mag.

Jerry D Young

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Reno, NV
    Sweet, Dross!

Had a .308 with rotary magazine. Had a Williams peep added. I'd still have it if I hadn't needed some medical equipment. Six months later when I got back on my feet and went to buy it back, the gun shop owner told me he sold it the day after I sold it to him.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Information on them is somewhat spotty. If you get what they call the Lever Boss I can give you its date of birth. It should be a circle with a letter and number on it.

I would shy away from the clip version the savage 99c. You want the rotory mag.

I inherited one from my grandfather. It's in 300 Savage. It's a shame it got left in a canvas-type gun rag and it has some light rust on the barrel. :xmad: It does have the rotary mag too. Where do you find the info? I have looked forever trying to find out about my rifle on the internet, but to no avail.
    If I give you the "Lever Boss" and post some pics, can you tell me the dob? I will post some pics tonight. Thanks.

Harley46982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    I've got one in .308 it belonged to my grandfather who originally bought it for deer hunting, and never got to use it. This last weekend my son used it to take his first wild hog! Ours has a rotary magazine and the Williams Peep Sight. I think I'll have a better recoil pad added to it but other than that it's a perfect brush gun!

IMG_0123 by White Tiger Photographic, on Flickr

Top Bottom