• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 23, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Im looking into buying a .17 HMR and saw savage's new A17. It looks like a good gun and i like that it's semi automatic. I like savages but dont know much about their rimfires. Does anyone know anything about the A17?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Im looking into buying a .17 HMR and saw savage's new A17. It looks like a good gun and i like that it's semi automatic. I like savages but dont know much about their rimfires. Does anyone know anything about the A17?

I just read a review of the A17 a few days ago. The author (can't recall the source, sorry) couldn't say enough good about this rifle.
    The biggest draw is that it is a semi-auto 17HMR that actually WORKS!
    That, and Savage doesn't tend to make bad rifles...

I'm looking to pick one up myself.

Be sure to post up a review if you pull the trigger on one.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    A good friend of mine is an engineer at Savage, and worked a little on the A17 project. Knowing how much of a perfectionist he is, that gives me confidence. ;) We (Bradis) have sold a couple, but have not heard back one way or the other about them (no news is usually good news). I am told it is supposed to be reliable with regular .17HMR ammo, but CCI has brought out a kicked-up .17HMR load that is optimized for it (it is about 150 FPS faster). Magazines are relatively inexpensive, and available.

The other Savage rimfire rifles (MkII, 64 and 93 Series) are great. The B.Mag (.17WSSM) has had mixed reviews.

HTH!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    :popcorn:

Looking to get out of .22LR. Need to sell off my two 10/22 rifles then will be headed out to buy a new Savage. Be nice to see a few more reviews on the A17 as I prefer an auto loader over stroking a bolt.

Top Bottom