I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Curious...

I am too. Curious...........
    I have 3 Savage pieces with this trigger and they are all great once I got them
    dialed in.
    I have trimmed the hammer spring in my Taurus Tracker as it was pounding the rounds so hard the were de-forming and jamming the cylinder. Be very careful with this.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Has anyone here taken the accutrigger apart to replace or cut coils off the trigger return spring to lighten it?
    Bill
    I'm glad I read your post in the other Savage thread, because I was thinking, "He wants the trigger pull LIGHTER?" Yours must be heavier than mine, although I don't have a way to measure it, because (on mine) it feels like if it were any lighter I could fire a round just by thinking about pulling the trigger! :): I don't have much experience with light triggers though, so maybe it just seems light to me in comparison to what I've been used to. I felt the same way about my Buckmark when I'd read guys talking about lightening the trigger pull on theirs too.

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    I'm glad I read your post in the other Savage thread, because I was thinking, "He wants the trigger pull LIGHTER?" Yours must be heavier than mine, although I don't have a way to measure it, because (on mine) it feels like if it were any lighter I could fire a round just by thinking about pulling the trigger! :): I don't have much experience with light triggers though, so maybe it just seems light to me in comparison to what I've been used to. I felt the same way about my Buckmark when I'd read guys talking about lightening the trigger pull on theirs too.
    Mine is not right I know that one of my friends has one in 17cal and his is like yours right out of the box, mine is hard, at least 4 or 5 pounds and the adjustment is as light as it goes. I will work on this and eather fix it or replace it with an aftermarket unit. However I must add even with the heavy pull, this thing will really shoot. Looking forward to lots of fun getting it right, that is half the fun for me.
    Bill...

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    I'd inspect the machine work for burrs and machine marks before cutting springs
    I will of course inspect, and square up all the contact parts before I start cutting springs. Also I am leaning toward just changing out the trigger for an adjustable after market unit, if cleaning this one up doesn't do the trick.
    Bill...

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    There's a how to on www.savageshooters for the ball bearing trick to make a "bolt roller" so to speak, thats suppost to cut the effort on lifting the bolt on a fired round.
    uses a ball bearing and a .38 case i do believe.

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    I'd inspect the machine work for burrs and machine marks before cutting springs
    Harry I found the problem, and it was burrs on the trigger and sear, I removed the burrs and now I have a pretty nice two pound trigger, with little overtravel. I can hardly wait to go shoot it some more.
    Bill...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Harry I found the problem, and it was burrs on the trigger and sear, I removed the burrs and now I have a pretty nice two pound trigger, with little overtravel. I can hardly wait to go shoot it some more.
    Bill...
    Woohoo! Glad you found the problem and it was an easy fix! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom