• patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    What did you torque them to?
    Anschutz and CZ grooved receivers. w alloy Burris .22 rings, hold OK at 30 in lbs.
    Only done two.
    Prev Anschutz was w steel rings and no torque wrench, so dunno what that was.
    No slide though.

Burris rings have a reversable(invertable?) clamp for the 11mm rail. I've never had a set move at 22 in/lbs.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Just checked Burris site.............20 in lbs for .22 rings (clamp) and 30 in lbs for Zee cross bolts.
    So yeah, I ran the alloy .22 rings over spec.

Whoop dee do.

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Burris rings have a reversable(invertable?) clamp for the 11mm rail. I've never had a set move at 22 in/lbs.

That's on the deluxe steel rings (one version).
    Of course I ordered some and got the other (shop's distributor book had error on part #).
    So I said screw it and tried the alloys (which are 3/8)
    They did not mark up my Anschutz 184's grooves, but did silver a spot on my CZ (which was easily cold blued to look new- no metal disturbance, just finish for whatever reason).

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DO NOT SCOPE THAT RIFLE, PLEASE! Learn to shoot those targets sights and that sling like a manly man. You can scope any old rifle, but you will rarely find a rimfire rifle properly configured in the proepr method to really learn some skills, BUT YOU INHERITED ONE! Talk to the Revere's Riders people and leanr how to run that ****** like it was meant. The big American Rifleman in the sky will bless your efforts and you will discover a greater part of yourself.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DO NOT SCOPE THAT RIFLE, PLEASE! Learn to shoot those targets sights and that sling like a manly man. You can scope any old rifle, but you will rarely find a rimfire rifle properly configured in the proepr method to really learn some skills, BUT YOU INHERITED ONE! Talk to the Revere's Riders people and leanr how to run that ****** like it was meant. The big American Rifleman in the sky will bless your efforts and you will discover a greater part of yourself.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015

:D

Git 'im, Huff!

(He's right, by the way. Learning to shoot irons passably is one of those tenuous little threads helping to tie us our ancestors and their knowledge...like knowing how to split wood, sleep on the ground, grow a crop, and kill something to eat. One thread doesn't stop much on it's own, but fifty can hold up in a helluva storm.)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom