• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I’ve owner one. Bolt action, threaded 22. Good fun suppresses. What did you want to know?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have the 17 version. Scope base cross threaded from factory. I tapped the action myself and called Savage for new screws. They sent wrong ones. Found another source.

They are know for poor magizine design. Run bolt forward and they spit all the rounds out onto the ground. Mine did it. Pitched magazine and called Savage. They sent me a new one. Problem solved.

My gun was free so I popped for a Boyds Pro Varmint stock. The factory stock was garbage.

After all that it shoots decent. Going to shoot some squirrels in the head this fall.

Any more info rimfire central is the place to be under Savage section

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have a MKII FV-SR. I like it a lot. It shot better than I did at the LR 22 Silhouette Match over the weekend, but still matched my personal best score.

I just recently discovered that it seems to like cleaning better than a lot of my other guns.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a MKII FV-SR. I like it a lot. It shot better than I did at the LR 22 Silhouette Match over the weekend, but still matched my personal best score.

I just recently discovered that it seems to like cleaning better than a lot of my other guns.

I have this same model. It is a really solid rifle.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    So you think I am new to firearms

I don't think much of anything except what you said in this here thread, but I do know when to admit I DON'T know the answer. In your case, given the inherent variation in personalities of individual rimfire barrels, you will have to resort to shooting the rifle to have experience with it: nobody can tell you.

Gabriel clearly got my jist:

Well, you're new to that one.

If you wish to read my posts, I recommend you learn to read them literally. I also recommend you pick up 2 boxes of Wolf ME, and saunter out to the 50m line with a sandbag and some gumption.

-Nate

Top Bottom