• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    So, I was at Rajos, looking over the used guns, and I asked the guy behind the counter to pull a particular Savage from behind the counter (new). I looked it over, the gun felt great in the hands, and decided to plunk down some cash and walk out with it..

I just threw on a cheap Tasco scope, and a bipod I had laying around, and haven't shot it yet, but I have to ask.. Has anyone had experiences with this gun? I read online that they are pretty damn accurate. I am hoping for a 100 yard bolt action .22 that gives me about 1 inch groups, which I think I have found. I know I know, it's the shooter, not the gun.

But I wanted INGOs opinion on it, before I get to the range and get let down.. This is the model with the heavy barrel, and the accu-trigger if that helps.

I assume I should go ahead and upgrade my glass, but I can't come to terms laying out as much for a scope as I did the rifle ($200). Scope recommendations guys?

Sorry for the choppy text, I am tired, but I hope I got my point across.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I have a Savage MKII FVT with the Williams peep sight and the first time out with it, just needed to move the rear sight one or two notches down to hit dead center. Only downside was everyone at the range wanted to shoot the new rifle and make me wait my turn to shoot it. Get a lot of the 10 round magazines, as you will be shooting a lot.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I must say for a 22 Rifle bolt action its a great purchase. One of the best "Bang for the buck" kinda thing. 1" groups should be no problem what so ever.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I love my FVSR. They are very accurate.

I used it at the Appleseed I went to last year and qualified Rifleman with it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Like the others are saying, the Savage MKII is a really nice rifle. I bought one years ago when they were under $100 with a cheap scope. I "upgraded" to a $30 Tasco and to this day, that rifle is my disposal unit for any ammo that me semi-auto .22s don't like. It shoots everything and is crazy accurate.

You bought yourself one really nice rifle!

Top Bottom