• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bottlefed

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hamilton county
    I have a model 24 the original one is .22/410 I also have a .2ag/20guage my father has the I believe it's 3030/12 not sure 100% on rifle. But I learned to hunt on then there multi purpose and great guns.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The new model 42 is an industry answer to the call for Savage to re-start production of the always favorite model 24.

I'm not sure about the caliber offerings for the model 42, but the concept and design are decades old.

I had an old model 24 in .22Lr/.410 bore 35 years ago. Young, dumb, and thought I was in need of money so I sold it. I've been kicking myself in the a** ever since.

Ten years ago, I decided to replace it. I missed it that much. After a six month search, I found an acceptable replacement, but I paid twice for the second one that I'd paid for the first.

Lesson learned.

I would love to have a new model 42. If it performs like it's predecessor, it will be a definite plus to any collection.

The .22Lr/.410bore is a great little rabbit/squirrel gun. I couldn't begin to tell you how many of both my original model 24 took.

Buy the model 42 with confidence. I haven't had one in my hands, YET, but Savage knows how to make a quality firearm.

Top Bottom