Save $10 on every order at Cheaper than Dirt thru 10/31/08!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    :D Shooters,

Your friendly neighbohood Appleseed Program can save you some serious dollars in the next 10 weeks. You have seen the articles in SWAT, Small Arms Review, Shotgun News, etc. Now Cheaper Than Dirt is the first national sponsor of the RWVA's Appleseed program. For every order placed between now and 10/31 you can take $10 off with the following discount / promotion code:1037-9508.

Order as many times as you like, use the same code.
    Here's the website: Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

Remember to register for our upcoming shoots at Riley, Wabash and Evansville, IN. Appleseed info/registration web site: 2008 Appleseed Schedule.

Hawkhavn
    RWVA IN State Coordinator

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Awesome deal, I will be using this tonight on 3 orders

2 magazines
    1 holster

It basically works out to free 3-5 day shipping unless you order some heavy stuff. the cheapest shipping (for 1 magazine) was $6.80.

Thanks for the Post!

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    The fobus holster end up costing less than $15 SHIPPED with this coupon, that's a great deal for a paddle holster if you don't already have one.

Magazines also end up being really cheap. For my C9 they came out to $8 and change shipped.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I am still waiting on my orders, but they got it shipped out fast, fed-ex is just taking its time.

Summary of my orders:
    CLP9C Mag, 9mm, 8 Rounds, Black
    Fobus HP2 Holster
    Butler Creek Slip on Grip (Large)

I went back to order a couple more magazines so I would have enough for next months Friday night steel, but they are out of stock for now.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Hmm.... Just tried this coupon code and it says "coupon expired on 9/30" :dunno:

They may have had to turn it off. There were some people ordering $10.01 items for $0.01 or basically close. I think it was a problem to not provide minimum amount for the purchase to get the discount, but it was being seriously abused.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I am sure it was being abused, but hey, they posted it, and offered to allow it unlimited times. If I set it up you would only be able to use it once per mailing address.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I think they took it off because it was screwing the Appleseed program over. They would use the extra money from the sale and give a percentage to Appleseed, but people were abusing it big time.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I think they took it off because it was screwing the Appleseed program over. They would use the extra money from the sale and give a percentage to Appleseed, but people were abusing it big time.

I do not know why exactly, but it does seem to be ended. People are inquiring and will report back when anyone knows.

In the meanwhile I think it best to table the conjecture of "screwing over" or "abused" as they do not lead us as a whole anywhere useful. "Abused" implies that people intentionally misused an offer when they may have simply saw it as a deal with no limitations implied or requested. And I find it hard to believe that anyone here or at CheaperThanDirt would intentionally hurt the Appleseed program.

At best, the program ended and the deal is over. At worst, there were some confusions about expectations by the program offer itself and in the future all will be clearer.

To those who benefitted already: good for you! To those who did not: sorry it ended early. And to those who want to know why it did end early: you'll know when I know.

Thanks.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I thought I meant to say is that Cheaper thought it would bring in higher order amounts (more orders with higher amounts, rather than people nickle and diming them). They promised Appleseed money, which they gave, but the nickle and dimers probably drove CTD's margins to heck.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I thought I meant to say is that Cheaper thought it would bring in higher order amounts (more orders with higher amounts, rather than people nickle and diming them). They promised Appleseed money, which they gave, but the nickle and dimers probably drove CTD's margins to heck.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Well darn..........

Was gonna get a couple of things.

Can get them just as cheap elsewhere, now.

Anyone who intended to use the coupon, PM me. I have requested a "temp" code that will hopefully work. NO promises mind you, but I am awaiting word back now. The code will not be for posting openly, just for use via PM.

Thanks.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Ok, I have a code that works (just ordered $50 in mags and it worked). It can only be distributed privately and those who get it must not post it openly!

I will PM the two posters here with it. Anyone else who needs it, please directly PM me.

And, please, as a courtesy to Cheaper than Dirt, buy more than $40-50 or so in stuff. If they get a lot of lowball sales, they are unlikely to extend this courtesy to us again.

Thanks!

Top Bottom