• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Shoplifters in Marion Co used to get time served and a year of probation to ignore. Now they get a summons to ignore instead. It's not that Democrats or Republicans love shoplifters, it's that neither wants to fund enough jail space for all the petty thefts...and you'd be flipping shocked how much petty theft there is. You could literally (correct use of literally, here) fill the Marion County jail with shoplifters from the county's Wal-marts alone if they each got a 1 year sentence.

I forget exactly how a screening prosecutor put it to me once, but it was something like "everyone is a conservative on sentencing until it's time to pay for it, then everyone's a liberal."

I don't know what the answer is, but yes it is quite frustrating. I used to spend half my shift at the Wal-mart at US 31/Southport when I worked SE and I left there about 10 years ago. This isn't new.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So Republicans don't steal then?
    1) Not even sure what comment you’re referring to, that makes no sense and has nothing to do with what I posted.
    2) Maybe it would help you “make the connection” by repeating to yourself “peaceful protest” as in in all the burning, looting and murdering in the last year. Hint, it ain’t republicans calling it peaceful protests.
    3) Lowlifes have been told there are no consequences for their actions, and again, a hint, it ain’t the republicans telling them that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't see the connection to be honest

Here's your connection...

SJLUHhz6QHeP57GXCnXX

Ryan Mears​

Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears brings vast experience to the office and a balanced approach to criminal justice. Prosecutor Mears has championed reform and set new expectations for the criminal justice system in Marion County.
    After completing law school, he immediately began his career in public service at the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office. During his 12 years as a Deputy Prosecutor, he has tried more than 100 jury and bench trials. Most recently he served as the office’s Chief Trial Deputy prior to becoming Prosecutor.
    A native of Indianapolis, Ryan attended Cardinal Ritter High School and played college basketball at St. Joseph’s College in Rensselaer, Indiana. He graduated magna *** laude from the Indiana University McKinney School of Law...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As infuriating as that is, CVS decided to cater to that clientele to begin with. If they took cigarettes, alcohol, and makeup out of their stores there would be nothing left to shoplift. Just getting rid of the booze would probably nuke half of it.

I crack a beer every now and then, and used to pull way too many corks, but never did I find myself in such a bad spot as to think "Man! I'm glad that pharmacy over there has beer!"
    When did CVS start selling tobacco again? They dropped it back in 2014, and haven't started again to my knowledge.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Here's your connection...

SJLUHhz6QHeP57GXCnXX

Ryan Mears​

Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears brings vast experience to the office and a balanced approach to criminal justice. Prosecutor Mears has championed reform and set new expectations for the criminal justice system in Marion County.
    After completing law school, he immediately began his career in public service at the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office. During his 12 years as a Deputy Prosecutor, he has tried more than 100 jury and bench trials. Most recently he served as the office’s Chief Trial Deputy prior to becoming Prosecutor.
    A native of Indianapolis, Ryan attended Cardinal Ritter High School and played college basketball at St. Joseph’s College in Rensselaer, Indiana. He graduated magna *** laude from the Indiana University McKinney School of Law...

The guy that finds it too hard to actually do his job.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Even in today's market, a round of .45 is under $1.
    Had I shot him my life would be over. Also sadly bc of my skin color and his, I'd be crucified by the media and y'all would get it to enjoy my humor here any longee bc I'd be in jail until the second coming of the nonfullmetal Jesus

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Had I shot him my life would be over. Also sadly bc of my skin color and his, I'd be crucified by the media and y'all would get it to enjoy my humor here any longee bc I'd be in jail until the second coming of the nonfullmetal Jesus

I was talking about the cost of housing convicted criminals.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    1) Not even sure what comment you’re referring to, that makes no sense and has nothing to do with what I posted.
    2) Maybe it would help you “make the connection” by repeating to yourself “peaceful protest” as in in all the burning, looting and murdering in the last year. Hint, it ain’t republicans calling it peaceful protests.
    3) Lowlifes have been told there are no consequences for their actions, and again, a hint, it ain’t the republicans telling them that.
    So wait...as gun owners we are now on the train saying people aren't responsible for their own actions? Seems far too similar to blaming guns or manufacturers for mass shootings to me.

Seems to me that a thief is a thief regardless of anything else.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    If they drop tobacco and booze they will just boost candy, soda, and or meds.

...have you seen people stealing candy and soda? I've never seen a pharmacy itself get knocked over either, though I know it happens.

And probably half their profits...

Then they must be OK with the theft and everything that comes with it. The question then becomes whether or not that's what the residents in the area want to have. I'm not seeing a lot of "it's fine" from INGO, so, I'm guessing not.

When did CVS start selling tobacco again? They dropped it back in 2014, and haven't started again to my knowledge.

My mistake. I confess to not doing a lot of shopping in a CVS.

Last edited:

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Not necessarily. So far my day to day life has not really changed. I was interviewed and released and from what I gather the media didnt give a flying F.

A good shoot is just that a shielded good shoot.

Top Bottom