• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not sure why people poo-poo commercial reloads so much. I'll agree, there is some bad reloading companies out there, but most of the time, people can't tell the different between my reloads and factory ammo. Just saying.... if you do it right, then a reload is just as good, and I'll stand behind that.

The one thing I would question commercial ammo manufactures on is their ability to match or better the tecnical aspects such as optimal expansion at given velocities with premium bullets. Some of the larger ammo manufactures have a huge advantage with much more funds to work with in their testing phases. Other than that, some of the most consistant ammo I have ever bought has been commercial reloads.

I have never tied your line, but from a safety aspect, I would not hesitate ! i would feel much more comfortable shooting ammo coming from somewhere ran by a knowledgable loader with much tighter accountability as opposed to shooting ammo coming from a much larger manufacturer with no idea who had their hands in the process. Now, us northern members just have to get you up this way for either a gunshow or a class. :D

Hmm, I ran through a case of Precision Cartridge Factory reloads without a KABOOM...

Now, I have tried that ammo. I can only speak on the 5.56... Looks so much better than Federal XM193 and shoots even more consistant. The last few times I bought the Federal, it surely looked as if their quality control went south.

Lets remember, the .357 sig is not exactly reload friendly either.....

Confluence of bad ideas.

You are right... Not very friendly, but thats why I load my own. Loading my own, I control issues I see as potential trouble. Using a collet type crimp die along with a polished expander ball to get good neck tension along with a healthy 10.5-11 grain charge of Blue Dot virtually eliminates any chance of bullet set-back, over charge, and a buckled shoulder... All these issues are what I have found that can get you in trouble quick with this round.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'll put my money where my mouth is. See my site supporter section for a special on FACTORY RELOADED AMMUNITION. :D

If it isn't better than any 55gn ammo you've shot, then I'll eat my hat.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    As much as I would like to see Aszerigan eat his hat, I have seen his ammo in the process of being made and it is made with more care and exactitude than factory 223. Just sayin.

I wouldnt bet against it. No sah.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I know there are a lot of Glock fans on here who refuse to believe that their Glocks aren't as perfect as they were told. I have personally seen four Glocks now that have Kaboomed. I didn't see any of them actually happen but I have seen the aftermath. The evidence seems to support the conclusion that Glocks with serial number starting with a C or D, and particularly in .40 or .357, seem to be having more Kabooms than any other gun out there. Maybe they are being shot more than any other gun out there. Maybe Glocks have just been around long enough that some of their faults are starting to show. I just don't hear of Sigs, S&Ws, or any other guns in this age and caliber range having as many problems. Maybe there is something to this that users should take into consideration. Think about it without the "blind" loyalty.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I know there are a lot of Glock fans on here who refuse to believe that their Glocks aren't as perfect as they were told. I have personally seen four Glocks now that have Kaboomed. I didn't see any of them actually happen but I have seen the aftermath. The evidence seems to support the conclusion that Glocks with serial number starting with a C or D, and particularly in .40 or .357, seem to be having more Kabooms than any other gun out there. Maybe they are being shot more than any other gun out there. Maybe Glocks have just been around long enough that some of their faults are starting to show. I just don't hear of Sigs, S&Ws, or any other guns in this age and caliber range having as many problems. Maybe there is something to this that users should take into consideration. Think about it without the "blind" loyalty.

I'm not going to argue any of this...

But it needs to be said that by far, the biggest factor in ANY kB in ANY gun is the ammunition.

Top Bottom