• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    So you're saying that it's the fact that I'm a 6'1", 280 pound, tattooed veteran that I OC?

You just proved my point exactly. As a 6'1", 280 pound, tattooed dude, you are the last guy I'm going to try and rob regardless of whether you are wearing Lee Dungarees with a .45 in the holster or a pink tutu. In fact, I'd take my chances against a 6'1'-280 strapped down over a 6'1"-280 in a pink tutu without heat.

If I open carry, does it have to be in a holster or can I tuck it into the front of my suit pants?

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I'm sure they'd never admit it, but in my opinion, most guys that open carry are probably just DYING to kill someone in the name of self-defense or heroism.
    Let's hope that's the last assinine thing you say on this forum. (but I don't have my hopes up).

You obviously know very little about the 2A crowd, and very little about the crowd that frequents INGO.

Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Let's hope that's the last assinine thing you say on this forum. (but I don't have my hopes up).

You obviously know very little about the 2A crowd, and very little about the crowd that frequents INGO.

It's not fair to call an opinion asinine. I understand if you have a job which requires you to be in a dangerous part of town or enter potentially dangerous facilities (real estate agent checking out a foreclosed and abandoned house for flipping potential - who knows who's taken up crack-den style residence). Carrying in Kroger? Carrying in a delivery room in a hospital?! Come on man. In my OPINION open carrying on the daily without a legitimate reason means any or all of the following: (a) you are unreasonably paranoid, (b) it makes you feel like a tough guy, or (c) you are dying for an opportunity to use it and want others to know it...or (d) your deep convictions lie in protecting yourself and your family, the 2nd amendment, & the pink card in your wallet issued by the state, and by god you going to stand proud by openly expressing to the public your deep-seeded convictions with an exposed sidearm. I'm not criticizing open carry...I couldn't care less...it is your right as an American and Indiana resident. It is just my opinion that probably for most OCers, reason (d) is not the SOLE reason they do it.

So do I need a holster to Open Carry?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    It's not fair to call an opinion asinine.

It itself is just an opinion and you are making quite derogatory remarks to many well respected members of this forum with your blanket statements of ignorance.

I understand if you have a job which requires you to be in a dangerous part of town or enter potentially dangerous facilities (real estate agent checking out a foreclosed and abandoned house for flipping potential - who knows who's taken up crack-den style residence).

Danger can happen anywhere at any time. Only a fool would fail to prepare to protect himself and his family at ALL times. If you have a crystal ball that tells you when a crime will happen then I suggest you apply for a job in law enforcement and help those guys out. They need it.

Carrying in Kroger? Carrying in a delivery room in a hospital?! Come on man.

What makes these places less desireable to protect yourself in? There was a VERY recent story in Indiana about a Kroger employee forced to kill a man because he threatened his an another employees life and made the appearance of being armed. Again- Crime can happen ANYWHERE.

In my OPINION open carrying on the daily without a legitimate reason means any or all of the following: (a) you are unreasonably paranoid, (b) it makes you feel like a tough guy, or (c) you are dying for an opportunity to use it and want others to know it...or (d) your deep convictions lie in protecting yourself and your family, the 2nd amendment, & the pink card in your wallet issued by the state, and by god you going to stand proud by openly expressing to the public your deep-seeded convictions with an exposed sidearm.

I doubt very much that anyone with deep convictions will be affected by your opinion on this subject. I am surprised that you put (d) because aside from being a tad overzealous it probably fits more often than not. One thing you must realize is that those who OC do not need your permission or approval since it is a perfectly legal way to carry in Indiana.

I'm not criticizing open carry...I couldn't care less...it is your right as an American and Indiana resident. It is just my opinion that probably for most OCers, reason (d) is not the SOLE reason they do it.

So if you aren't criticizing it (even though you sound like it) and you don't really care if they do (even though you spent the time to write about it on a gun forum on the internet) then what are you trying to accomplish?

So do I need a holster to Open Carry?

It is recommended but not necessary to be legal. Remember that it is a crime to point a firearm loaded or not at another person so keep that in mind.

Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    So if you aren't criticizing it (even though you sound like it) and you don't really care if they do (even though you spent the time to write about it on a gun forum on the internet) then what are you trying to accomplish?

See my new signature. I mean absolutely NO disrespect to anyone.

It is recommended but not necessary to be legal. Remember that it is a crime to point a firearm loaded or not at another person so keep that in mind.

Thanks.

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Looks like Concerned Citizen is correct, again! I'm thinking you and Frosty can save your breath.

I smell a TROLL!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    See my new signature. I mean absolutely NO disrespect to anyone.

You just edited your post. So take what I was going to say bearing that in mind:

We have several highly respected and helpful lawyers on INGO. They generally HELP those of us that take the time to learn and educate others on the complexities of Indiana law. What we DON'T need is one who gets his rocks off antagonizing people for fun and allowing disinformation to spread in the name of being a "Devil's Advocate."

If you want to challenge people on this site then start your own thread and make it clear what your purpose is.

Hopefully you can get into the groove and contribute to our cause. It is more than a mere hobby to many of us and we welcome all the help we can get on our side.

:welcome: to :ingo:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I OCed at Mancino's for lunch the last time I was in Columbus. :yesway:

I'd love to draw attention to myself and deal with drama and BS, but I never get any of that sweet action. :noway:

Look at me! :):

I really don't understand, nor do I care why a select few make such a big deal about concealing... OK!! You hide your gun! big Whoop!! :dunno:

Why didn't you invite me? :(

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    To be honest I was one of the ones concerned. Up til that point I actually thought that in Indiana you were required to conceal your firearm while carrying. That led me to do some research and I realized that you are not required to conceal.

many folks in Indiana have no idea they can even get a LTCH in Indiana. I've had more than one person ask me about it while out shopping and I tell them to visit in.gov/isp and INGO.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    In my OPINION open carrying on the daily without a legitimate reason means any or all of the following:

(a) you are unreasonably paranoid
    (b) it makes you feel like a tough guy
    (c) you are dying for an opportunity to use it and want others to know it
    (d) your deep convictions lie in protecting yourself and your family

(e) educating the public

d and e for me. Twenty-five years ago it was nothing to see a shotgun in the back window of a pick-up truck... in the parking lot of any local high school.

The Brady Campaign wants our guns hidden, they want people to panic and call the police if someone sees a gun in public.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    How about
    G) It's more comfortable, because you like full frame pistols, and don't feel like buyin your pants an extra size bigger.... And it's your right, so how the hell are you to judge?

linkinpark9812

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lake County, Town of Munster
    I have never open carried yet.Don't know what's wrong with me.

Nothing is wrong with you, I was nervous when I first tried it. It is weird at first. I change it up, sometimes I CC, sometimes I OC, just depends. I always have an OWB holster though, so CC is just covered with a jacket or shirt.

So far, I OC'd at Pizza Hut, Jewel, Arby's, maybe one other place. I am a 20 year old (look about 18 though) thin guy. Nothing more than a second glance. And I live in NWI, the place where I have only seen OC 2-3 times. I'm sure at one point if I continue to OC I will get hassled. I mostly CC though.

Top Bottom