• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I was heading home from downtown Indy this afternoon and was coming up on the new ramp system for the I-65 interchange on Washington St. when I saw blue and red flashing lights. I slowed and pulled over.
    What I saw next just blew my mind, a truck had stalled on Washington Street and the occupants were trying to push it off the road into the GoodWill parking lot, which is an uphill entrance, the officer (IMPD) was actually behind the truck pushing it too!!
    I thought they just stayed in the vehicle and alerted others to the danger or kept right on moving because they were late for the donut run. :rolleyes:
    Had I not been running late to meet the bus with my son on it I would have ran back and told him good job, then offered to get him donuts. :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    How many non-cops did you see drive right on by without bothering to help?
    I didn't highlight purple my sarcasm. I thought it was great to see him helping and I. See more police like him than horror stories I read about here.
    To answer your question though I saw no one pull over. In all fairness this happened with me passing by in a minute or less.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Something tells me this thread about a good deed a cop did won't get as much traffic as the previous threads about a cop doing something wrong.:rolleyes:

BTW, you should have gotten his badge number so you could hand out some much deserved glazed and long johns when you had time. :rofl:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Actually we do this all the time, just did it tonight as a matter of fact. It's safer for everyone if we can get the car off the road. When others drive with their heads in a dark smelly spot the longer we sit there the more likely we are to be the ones to get hit. Sometimes there is nothing we can do but wait for a hook, but I will always try to get it off the road if I can. And FWIW, we have been known to change some tires too when we can.

Thanks for pointing out a good thing you saw.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Actually we do this all the time, just did it tonight as a matter of fact. It's safer for everyone if we can get the car off the road. When others drive with their heads in a dark smelly spot the longer we sit there the more likely we are to be the ones to get hit. Sometimes there is nothing we can do but wait for a hook, but I will always try to get it off the road if I can. And FWIW, we have been known to change some tires too when we can.

I don't believe you.

I know some nice police officers. They are people too! Treat them with respect you may be suprised.

Some are nice and are people too? I don't believe you either.

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    I jest not. I also treat people the way i want to be treated. I have never had a problem with any law enforcement individuals. But i mind my own business and aren't out commiting crimes either.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I have been broke down a few times on the side of the road and each time an officer came to the rescue..one time one even figured out what was wrong with my truck and even jerry rigged it for me so I could get it home..he even followed me to make sure I got it home,sine I lived less than a mile from where broke down. I thought it was REALLY cool of him,the truck was on the side of the road not in the way of traffic and could of set there until I got a tow but he did it just to be nice/helpful..or he was really bored that night:dunno: either way his help was much appreciated!:yesway:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Had a really old tire on my S10 where the tread tore off and I pulled over. Within a minute an officer pulled behind me, lights on.

He asked if he could call a tow truck or anything, but since the tire was holding air I said I'd drive to a tire shop.

He mentioned that he was off duty on his way home and when he passed by, I noticed he was also way out of his jurisdiction. Just a nice guy pulling over on his way home to help. :)

He clearly was checking for drugs so he could bust me.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I helped a guy once that had rounded off the lug nuts. It took a good amount of elbow grease but I finally got 'em. I've had people help me when something has gone wrong, and drive on by...so I try to help when I can and feel safe doing so. Also, police have always stopped to see if they could help the few times I've been on the side of the road.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

that was the whole point, to pass along a good thing I saw. I know PD will stop more times than not if it is in the line of traffic or can cause someone harm.
    Last fall my nieces alternator was bad and her battery died at the intersection of Emerson & Raymond at about 8am on a Sunday morning. She called me and I hightailed it down there and had the jumper cables hooked up giving her a much needed charge when an IMPD officer flipped a uturn and pulled up behind us with his lights on. He got out and told us he was just gonna sit there until we were on our way again. He was in civilian clothes and stood and talked with us while we let the battery charge long enough to get her out of the way. I got his name and called Traffic detail and let them know how much I appreciated his help. The voice on the other end of the line sounded like they were in disbelief because I was complimenting him, then I got to know him through another officer friend and I know why they sounded shocked. Even the pricks can stop and do a good dead now and then. :D

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    that was the whole point, to pass along a good thing I saw. I know PD will stop more times than not if it is in the line of traffic or can cause someone harm.
    Last fall my nieces alternator was bad and her battery died at the intersection of Emerson & Raymond at about 8am on a Sunday morning. She called me and I hightailed it down there and had the jumper cables hooked up giving her a much needed charge when an IMPD officer flipped a uturn and pulled up behind us with his lights on. He got out and told us he was just gonna sit there until we were on our way again. He was in civilian clothes and stood and talked with us while we let the battery charge long enough to get her out of the way. I got his name and called Traffic detail and let them know how much I appreciated his help. The voice on the other end of the line sounded like they were in disbelief because I was complimenting him, then I got to know him through another officer friend and I know why they sounded shocked. Even the pricks can stop and do a good dead now and then. :D

Words to live by my dear!!!:rockwoot::D

Top Bottom