Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Last edited:

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    this is the same ole crap....... Extremists will make an ied out of fertilizer if there so determined. More feel goof legislation im sure... Tahnks for the post. I love shooting tannerite.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    So, let me get it straight, terrorists are gonna go to gun stores to buy tannerite instead of going to CVS to buy the same base component for less?

Really? Cause the terrorists don't have google and cannot figure out basic chemistry on their own?

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    What's next? Diet Coke and Mentos? Fireworks?

Instant cold packs that you can buy without restriction from CVS, Walmart, and everywhere else, are solid Amonium-Nitrate. I won't share anymore details, but this is a flat out joke. Your average HS chemistry student could figure out what to do with this.

They are silly to think that legislation like this would deter a determined individual.

Almost every explosive compound contains nitrates or phosphates. Airport security scanners primarily trigger on these chemical signatures, which is why common hand lotions and hair care products will set them off and produce false positives that TSA is well aware of and pays little attention to.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'll sell you my jug of tannerite. One pound, only $300. Get it before its banned!

Ridiculousness.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    What is so hard about purchasing aluminum powder and some Ammonium Nitrate? I mean really... do the dooshbags at the FBI really think that attempting to stop the sale of tannerite will do anything at all? I really wonder how some of these idiots really made it thru grade school...

Gunner

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Honestly, I am suprised they didn't watch the YouTube videos on people acting like idiots with it and did this sooner. Not saying I wanted it to happen, but realistically, they are really late to the game.

Sparkler bombs seem to have more yield than Tannerite, but they haven't really cracked down on those yet... lol

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Honestly, I am suprised they didn't watch the YouTube videos on people acting like idiots with it and did this sooner. Not saying I wanted it to happen, but realistically, they are really late to the game.

Sparkler bombs seem to have more yield than Tannerite, but they haven't really cracked down on those yet... lol

We took 100,000 firecrackers and strung them all together and had a hell of a fun time...

Gunner

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh Great. Now you done it. Thanks for giving them the idea FBI. :rolleyes:

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Ummm.... My name is Achmed - um, that is, Steve; and I would like to purchase some sparklers for an IED, um, I mean for a party....

For Christ sake...:rolleyes:

IF I wanted to blow some stuff up... I wouldn't mess with low yield stuff like tannerite. There are WAY better recipes to be had....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So, let me get it straight, terrorists are gonna go to gun stores to buy tannerite instead of going to CVS to buy the same base component for less?

Really? Cause the terrorists don't have google and cannot figure out basic chemistry on their own?

Between Google and INGO, all the secrets of the world are at our finger tips.:laugh:

Top Bottom