• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So what will the law say exactly? I'm just allowed to keep my gun out of sight in my vehicle while on a school property? Or does it actually have to be locked up?

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    Copy and pasted from Indiana General Assembly - 2014 Session

" certain individuals who may legally possess a firearm and possess a firearm that is locked in the trunk of the person's motor vehicle, kept in the glove compartment of the person's locked motor vehicle, or stored out of plain sight in the person's locked motor vehicle."

Basically, at all times the firearm has to be out of plain sight. If you leave your vehicle, then your vehicle has to be locked.

" Makes it a Class A misdemeanor if certain persons leave a firearm in plain view in a motor vehicle parked in a school parking lot."

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Does this go into effect July 1st?

Yes... That's the text of the law.

In addition I heard that in Georgia their 'Guns Everywhere' bill passed their legislature which even allows guns in their airports and schools. I imagine the 'Moms' are VERY pissed... :)

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

In addition I heard that in Georgia their 'Guns Everywhere' bill passed their legislature which even allows guns in their airports and schools. I imagine the 'Moms' are VERY pissed... :)

Good for them. As for the "Moms", F'em if they can't take a joke.

JT Meeks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Good for Mr Pence… It's nice to see that there are a few government officials that have some common sense...

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

Does it really or does it just mean that more places will put up "No guns" signs to essentially keep things as they are?

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Pence Spoke at a luncheon today in Valpo. I asked him about why it had not been signed yet (I had not been on INGO today) and he immediately says " I signed it yesterday... (Ie. he knew which Law I was talking about immediately...)
    He then follows with "I am an avid supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the right to keep and bear arms, as well as a law abiding citizen to carry to protect themselves". I then said "I have carried for years and I'm so glad to live in Indiana" and you know what he said? "Thank you for carrying, we need more responsible law abiding people to carry, its the best answer to reducing crime more in our State"

Wow... I WAS impressed...

(baby steps... baby steps....)

His ideas on business development for Indiana are right on... Lowest business taxes as well as unemployment in the Midwest, and two new Big manufacturers breaking ground on 100M and 300 Mill mfg facilities in the last two weeks.... one in Lafayette (GE) and one in Valparaiso (Pratt)

2 Billion dollar Reserve, in addition to a Budget that still spends less than they take in... wow a politician that actually DOES try to live within their means and not spend our money like water... what a novel concept!!!...

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Does it really or does it just mean that more places will put up "No guns" signs to essentially keep things as they are?

That's a good question. I think that a lot of places will stay ignorant/indifferent to the issue. Certainly some will put up "no guns allowed" signs, but I don't see that number increasing drastically because of this bill. My $.02 anyways

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Depends if in Georgia signs posted on private property carry weight of law. I'm too lazy to look it up.
    I suppose that's all we can ask for. A much as I'd like to see us allowed to carry anywhere, I can't expect government to forcibly allow it and also be upset when government forcibly denies it. The choice should be up to the business owners.

Top Bottom