• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghost9A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    oK guys first time post but i couldn't resist had to find out for sure. I've been reading up on the SB 433 (to legalize SBS) and supposedly today 2/4/2015 it passed the senate and moved on to the house. A few questions i have, is can you file for sbs's tax stamp now or is there still a waiting period? Also what are the chance for this to get repealed? i'm not to good with the whole politics things so if you guys could help out i'm sure we would all appreciate the info.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I read an article this morning that it passed the senate. That's just one of the steps to getting it through, so don't file anything yet.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How much of a chance is there for this bill to get rejected not go though?

*Wearing ISRPA Director hat*

A very good chance if we all contact our state representative and the Speaker of the House (Bosma) and politely inform them that we are very interested in seeing this bill pass the House and be sent to Gov. Pence.

Handwritten post card. Polite. One to your rep. One to the Speaker.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Effective date will be 1 July 2015, so you can e-file now if you're willing to roll the dice. I got my last e-filed Form 1 back in 30-ish days, so mid-May would allow you to start cutting on Opening Day, assuming it passes and is signed. I would certainly expect we'll know one way or the other by then.

Definitely call/write your rep and the speaker. Be polite and professional, and cross your fingers...

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    This is probably worth both an email and a postcard. I'm going to get these out this afternoon. Email arrives today, and a follow-up postcard is in the office on Monday.

I have been dreaming of an Auto Burglar for close to a decade, but they are simply out of my price range. I finally decided that SBS in Indiana wasn't going to happen, so I now have a Serbu Super Shorty AOW on Form 3 right now (coming from Utah). Now I just have to put down money twice.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    This is probably worth both an email and a postcard. I'm going to get these out this afternoon. Email arrives today, and a follow-up postcard is in the office on Monday.

I have been dreaming of an Auto Burglar for close to a decade, but they are simply out of my price range. I finally decided that SBS in Indiana wasn't going to happen, so I now have a Serbu Super Shorty AOW on Form 3 right now (coming from Utah). Now I just have to put down money twice.

Well at least you'll be able to put together a decent short barreled SXS pretty inexpensively... though the $200 tax stamp on the Form 1 will eat into those savings vs the $5 tax stamp on the Form 4 (though if you Form 1 an AOW it's $200 anyway).

With legal SBSs, you can buy a cheap Turkish or Chinese SXS for under $300, pay $200 for the stamp, and cut it down however you want. Grant, if you don't want the hacksaw look, you might want to have someone that knows what they are doing do it for you. Maybe make one of those nice detachable stocks like the Chiappa Triple Threat has.

134d3f_4598466.jpg

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    With legal SBSs, you can buy a cheap Turkish or Chinese SXS for under $300, pay $200 for the stamp, and cut it down however you want. Grant, if you don't want the hacksaw look, you might want to have someone that knows what they are doing do it for you. Maybe make one of those nice detachable stocks like the Chiappa Triple Threat has.

Honestly, I want to make an "adapter stock" that fits onto the back of the receiver and allows the attachment of the grips for the S&W X-frame revolvers. :D

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Well at least you'll be able to put together a decent short barreled SXS pretty inexpensively... though the $200 tax stamp on the Form 1 will eat into those savings vs the $5 tax stamp on the Form 4 (though if you Form 1 an AOW it's $200 anyway).

I want one that's cut at an angle and sharpened to a point...like a hypodermic needle; just not as shallow. Like maybe 45*. that'd really play nice with the pattern, don't you think? heh

Top Bottom