• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Do we know when this will be up for a vote? I ould like to know and I think it would help us organize our fight!

We know there is going to be a vote. What kind of fighting are you looking to organize that isn't going on right now? We all should be writing, calling and walking right now!

Mrspex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    Putnam Co.
    Interesting that the last section is about severability...when the whole thing is unconstitutional in it's entirety. This thing should live or die as a whole.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    write.... call ..... organize........ the fight is on.... if you don't start now you will never start....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFWcKZQDdU0&list=UUJOQjF1XJOhw0YIA1JkwcMw&index=1[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0B_UZNtEk4[/ame]

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    I have responded on Voxpop and sent messages to both of our Senators letting them know that I expect them to support the Constitution and vote against this bill and others like it.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Just contacted both my worthless, gun-hating Senators. Same email.

Me said:
    I oppose S. 150 ("A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear") because first and foremost, these laws are ineffectual in their stated goals. Laws which impact the ownership of arms inhibit only those whom are inclined to obey laws in the first place. Those who possess firearms unlawfully have already shown that they are predisposed to disregard such laws. Such laws, like that recently passed in the State of New York, do nothing except infringe on the rights of lawful and law abiding firearm owners and enthusiasts. Criminalizing or regulating firearms ownership to the point of punitive repercussions on the law abiding is a flagrant violation of the oath of office government officers have taken. To limit the arms available to lawful firearms owners is tantamount to throwing a declawed cat into a pit with a hungry dog. You have only ensured that the disarmed citizen is easy prey for those who would do violence against them,

Secondly, the rationalization for the so called "need" of this, or any similar proposed law, is flawed. The Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States has absolutely no basis in the sport of hunting. To continue to use the argument "You don't need X weapon, amount of ammunition, et al to hunt deer." is spurious and without historical basis. The right of the people to keep and bear arms is sacrosanct and it's purpose is in fact to guard against what this bill represents. The various usurpations of the rights of the people and the power of the States by the federal government is why the Second Amendment exists. The idea that the very entity of which the Second Amendment defends against has the right to limit who may possess arms and what type is a Constitutional violation of the highest order. This bill, and the expired 1994 Law before it are examples of the federal government overstepping the powers enumerated to it by the Constitution. The federal government has no more right to pass laws limiting the access to arms by the people than it does to outlaw religion or newspapers.

I, and many citizens like myself, shall work not only to educate fellow citizens of the impropriety of laws such as these, but also to unseat every elected representative who either introduces any such legislation, or votes for it. The time has come for elected officials to stop slowly eroding the rights of the people. This bill is an affront to liberty, and should not even be allowed to the floor of the Senate, let alone become law.

Sincerely,
    A Concerned Citizen

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Can someone please perform a copy/paste? ScribD does not seem to work worth a damn for me. Pages won't change easily and then when they do, they skip multiple pages. Thanks!

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    In the long run, I really don't see how these fools can be stopped as long as government keeps getting bigger and bigger. What do we need exceedingly more than limited gun ownership? Limited and reduced government! The plans of fascist fools will be stopped when government shrinks. They thrive on big government where funds can be spent with no accountability.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom