• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9MillSBR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hey all, new here and I have been in the pursuit of a new rifle to do tactical training drills, forward fire movements and for shooting in general. I've been wanting something with a cheaper round and something easily found and bought. During my search there have been many guns but all have pro's and con's but I couldn't make up my mind.

So now I'm looking into an AR..I want to shoot 9MM. That's what all of my handguns and carry pistols are chambered in. For me it makes since to shoot a cartridge i fire through everything else, helps reloading costs too :D.

With this I'm wanting to buy a lower, either a standard lower and use a block or plop the little extra cash for the 9mm CMMG lower. But the only thing that I dont like is that in the future i couldnt just re change to another caliber so the run of the mill lower is looking like the better option. If I were to purchase a SBR Upper (looking into 7.5"<) will it run onto the standard lower fine, other than a buffer spring change and plug spacer from spikes will all be okay (well and a mag block). I plan to do my paperwork for the SBR soon, get my lower engraved and start the waiting process..

The reason for the short rifle is hell it looks awesome, but i usually only engaged in drills out to around 150 feet on the long shots so the short barrel with 9mm should be a great compact combo.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    With this I'm wanting to buy a lower, either a standard lower and use a block or plop the little extra cash for the 9mm CMMG lower. But the only thing that I dont like is that in the future i couldnt just re change to another caliber so the run of the mill lower is looking like the better option. If I were to purchase a SBR Upper (looking into 7.5"<) will it run onto the standard lower fine, other than a buffer spring change and plug spacer from spikes will all be okay (well and a mag block).

I went with a standard lower and mag block on my 9mm build for that reason. It gives me the option to run other calibers. A standard lower is just fine for a 9mm build. There is no need to change out your buffer spring. The plug for the buffer tube is all you need. Personally, I use the Spikes ST-9X buffer. It's an extended 9mm specific buffer which makes the spacer unneeded.

Check out AIM Surplus for the Spikes 9mm mag block. They have the cheapest price I've found.

Here's my build- https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/201623-my_9mm_ar_pistol_build.html

Hope that helps.:cheers:

9MillSBR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    That looks great! Very similar to my design for what I'll be going for. I like the idea of a floating rail with the shorter barrel and a can under the RIS.

Get a stock on that bad boy and call it a day! :koolaid:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    My brother just put one together with a similar lower and the same DI Upper that Bazooka Brothers runs. He has not had time to range it yet though...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Kit looks nice but im not interested in .45 as I shoot that round never, 9mm is the best option for me for many reasons.
    The upper that Bazooka uses is made by RMW Extreme Uppers. It is a DI Upper and NOT a Blowback one. The make it in a slew of Calibers as a Standard build and further Calibers upon request.
    Home Page

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    OP, sorry, but Im just gonna ask this here so I dont have start a new thread.

Will 147's stay subsonic out of a 10.5" barrel? I wanna do a MK18 Mod 0 look-alike in 9mm. But not so much if im gonna get a crack when shooting suppressed.

Top Bottom