• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I picked up the Kriss Vector SDP .45 ACP pistol at 21st Century this weekend and have a couple questions about converting it to an SBR.

I know I have to complete the Form 1 and send in all the $$ and paperwork, but can I go ahead and order the stock and have the engraving done before I get the stock or stamp from the ATF? Engraving it with name and location doesn't make it an SBR.

If I receive the stock before the stamp, do I have to keep the two components in separate locations. In reading the Form 1, if you have the components for an SBR in the same location the weapon could be considered an SBR, even if not assembled.

I went to the ATF web site and filled out a form asking the same questions, but it may take a while to hear back from them. I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has done this or checked it out.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I picked up the Kriss Vector SDP .45 ACP pistol at 21st Century this weekend and have a couple questions about converting it to an SBR.

I know I have to complete the Form 1 and send in all the $$ and paperwork, but can I go ahead and order the stock and have the engraving done before I get the stock or stamp from the ATF? Engraving it with name and location doesn't make it an SBR.

If I receive the stock before the stamp, do I have to keep the two components in separate locations. In reading the Form 1, if you have the components for an SBR in the same location the weapon could be considered an SBR, even if not assembled.

I went to the ATF web site and filled out a form asking the same questions, but it may take a while to hear back from them. I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has done this or checked it out.

Yes, you can order it, but DO keep it in separate location. Keep it at a friend or relative's house and you'll be good to go.

Engraving is fine whenever you want.

Top Bottom