• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    My first SBR was recently approved. I am now shopping for a barrel. I am looking for a 10.5" to 11.5" spiral fluted barrel similar to what is used on many LWRC rifles.

Does anyone know where I can find what I am looking for?

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    If you're planning on running it suppressed, why not just pick up an LWRC 10.5" piston upper? Join their mailing list, and when they have a weekend holiday sale, you can get the uppers at a significant discount. I picked up a 10.5" adjustable gas block upper from them for just over $1500, when they are normally $2k msrp.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    If you're planning on running it suppressed, why not just pick up an LWRC 10.5" piston upper? Join their mailing list, and when they have a weekend holiday sale, you can get the uppers at a significant discount. I picked up a 10.5" adjustable gas block upper from them for just over $1500, when they are normally $2k msrp.

That is a viable option. Although I bought a matching, stripped Battle Arms lower & upper and had been planning to build off of the stripped upper.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    $1500 just for an upper? I've been shopping for an SBR upper and would like piston. Slim pickins. I was thinking about just getting a BCM and changing the gas block to an adjustable.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    $1500 just for an upper? I've been shopping for an SBR upper and would like piston. Slim pickins. I was thinking about just getting a BCM and changing the gas block to an adjustable.

Bcm gas block are nearly glued on. Best to buy the parts from them and assembled your self. I'm running an 11.5 from them and I am very happy

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    My first SBR was recently approved. I am now shopping for a barrel. I am looking for a 10.5" to 11.5" spiral fluted barrel similar to what is used on many LWRC rifles.

Does anyone know where I can find what I am looking for?

I just remembered Modern Outfitters out of Mississippi (I believe) has spiral fluted barrels just like LWRC. I'm not sure if you can buy them separate or have to buy the complete upper.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    IMO I wouldn't go shorter than 14.5 on a 5.56 upper. For 300blk, knock yourself out. Do a 7in barrel. But shorter than 14.5 on 5.56 is a bad idea. So much more baffle wear and kills everything the 5.56 is good at. Why spiral fluting by the way? Just like the looks?

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    IMO I wouldn't go shorter than 14.5 on a 5.56 upper. For 300blk, knock yourself out. Do a 7in barrel. But shorter than 14.5 on 5.56 is a bad idea. So much more baffle wear and kills everything the 5.56 is good at. Why spiral fluting by the way? Just like the looks?

I would imagine that is cuts some weight and I do like the way it looks.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    10.5-11.5"? what does your form 1 say? I'm no help with the spiral fluting unfortunately, but if you decide to go without it take a look at Rainier arms. once my funds allow I'll be ordering one of their 10.5" barrels. I plan on going either with the match (forget who makes it but I'm happy with the 18" I have), or the "select" (black hole weaponry).
    good luck!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    All my SBR's are 10.5" and suppressed.

I have barrels from Novseke, Centurion, KAK, to $89 MAS Defense.

Can't tell the deference on accuracy, I do run Syrac adjustable gas blocks on all of them, seems they are more important.

Top Bottom