• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    What's everyone running for muzzle brakes on their SBR? I tried doing a search and wasn't successful. What about for suppressors?

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    For suppressors, you have to be somewhat brand loyal so your qd system works. I have a YHM 5.56 brake on my 11.5" SBR and a YHM .30 cal brake on my 12.5" .308 SBR. Both work great and I can already see the .30 cal brake ever so slightly starting to erode so hopefully they means the blast baffle is lasting a little longer. I'm running a YHM .30 cal qd titanium and a Saker 7.62 with a Y-mount.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    As wsenefeld stated if you're going to suppress you might end up going brand loyal to accommodate a QD mount. There are some companies out there making muzzle devices that are set up for specific QD set ups, but by and large they are company specific. I run an AAC muzzle brake so I can QD my 762sdn6. Others will have YHM, Surefire, etc... Honestly if you're interested in suppression, pick your suppressor then you can choose from available compatible muzzle devices.

Top Bottom