• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marx919

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    I am thinking about getting one of those Draco AK pistols and converting it to a SBR. I think it would be a fun project.

Is the Tax Stamp a pay one time only fee or is it an every year renewal type fee?

Once you send the $ how long to get approval? I have been reading up to four months?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    You should look at the Class 3/NFA threads... all of those questions and more are answered.... now, just cause I'm a nice guy, the $200 tax is a one time deal, not annual. as for the wait, I've heard up to 9-12 months.... don't know for certain as I've not done the NFA dance yet.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I just received my approved Form 1 for an SBR that was mailed in March. So it took roughly 5 months for this last one to be approved.

marx919

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    SEindSAM...thanks for the "welcome"...been reading this board for a while and have gained a lot of knowledge (kinda new to guns and gun ownership but love practicing my rights)....Glad to be officially a member now.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I just received my approved Form 1 for an SBR that was mailed in March. So it took roughly 5 months for this last one to be approved.

:( Ouch! I hope mine comes back faster than that. I've also got a F4 being processed. I wonder which one is going to win?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    SEindSAM...thanks for the "welcome"...been reading this board for a while and have gained a lot of knowledge (kinda new to guns and gun ownership but love practicing my rights)....Glad to be officially a member now.

Marx, sorry realized later that my reply was a little snarky!

:welcome: to :ingo:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I just got my forms filled out this week. Should be going over to the post office tomorrow to send them out. I am doing a Draco SBR build, so I have form 1. I will let know know how it goes. :) Welcome!

Top Bottom