More here: PAP M92 PV Pistol, 7.62x39mm..folder - The AK Files Forums

looks like it will be ok to me!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Also, I wonder about the possibility of still installing the correct M92 underfolder. The underfolder stocks are fairly easy to remove if needed. I can think of a few firearms where the serial number is hidden under something, S&W revolvers for example.

GgRodregez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Cant answer teh other questions, but on 922R... yes. Title II arms are subject to it. Its why its such a pita to SBR certain guns (PS90 springs to mind) since us made parts are few and far between.

There have been some tech letters that state Title II are not, but... at the end of the day why risk it. Sure, no-one has ever been convicted of JUST breaking 922R, but why give someone more ammo to use against you?

In reference to this issue, since the SBR's are "manufacutered" by the person filing the Form 1, doesn't that make the gun a US made gun, therefore not requiring the 922r parts?

GgRodregez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    I have read on other boards, the ATF says No-Go on the underfolder, due to location of the S/N-I haven't inquired directly so I'm not 100% on that one.

I don't recall the ATF requesting what type of stock that will be installed on the gun, so I would be interested how they would disseminate that information.

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    What I was reading was the same thing being discussed on a similar thread on here- and sorry for the missunderstanding, I don't think the ATF cares what kind of stock you use, it's just that the S/N is in a bad spot for the necessary machining for the UF- I have no opinion as to the right or wrong of it but, on mine it looks like at least part of it would be obliterated- and thats enough to make me want to go a different route.
    I think I'm just going to go with an ACE rear trunnion on mine, but I will pick the brains of those members on here with alot more expeirience than me regarding such matters. From a NFA noobs' perspective, that seems the easiest. I'll have plenty of time to come up with something.
    Jason

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    What I was reading was the same thing being discussed on a similar thread on here- and sorry for the missunderstanding, I don't think the ATF cares what kind of stock you use, it's just that the S/N is in a bad spot for the necessary machining for the UF- I have no opinion as to the right or wrong of it but, on mine it looks like at least part of it would be obliterated- and thats enough to make me want to go a different route.
    I think I'm just going to go with an ACE rear trunnion on mine, but I will pick the brains of those members on here with alot more expeirience than me regarding such matters. From a NFA noobs' perspective, that seems the easiest. I'll have plenty of time to come up with something.
    Jason

I don't think you need the ACE adapter. In theory, you should be to drill holes in the rear trunnion. If there is not enough steel to thread, you could always put a nut on the inside of the trunion and tighten your stock down that way.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I couldn't make up my mind with my mini Draco, so i went with a fixed stock.
    100_0328.jpg

Now that i bought a M92 PV, and sent the paperwork off to SBR it, i need to figure out what would be best. I want a side folder, because i don't like the under folder's feel on my cheek when shooting. Whats a good side folder, and where do i buy one?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    "good" has a lot of definitions ;)

the easiest 'good' stock I can think of would be something like an ace folder that you could install right to the rear trunnion like on a draco.

the hardest, but IMO probably the best would be a 100 series AK folder.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    IMO the factory style poly side folder is the best you can get.

Off the top of my head there are two places to get them:

1) ak-builder.com
    2) k-var.com

It will run you about $250 for the folder, trunnion, and hardware.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I got mine from Kvar when they had them in stock and had a sale. I don' think they have anymore as they only seem to last about 5 days from time they're listed as "in stock". Ak builder is out currently as well.

Try this guy
    AK Specialty Parts- Tantal's Collector's Source
    Or rusmilitary.com

Other than that you'll have to comb the classifieds, but don't count on getting one here, as there are about 10 of us that would jump on one if it popped up.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    K-var has it in stock:

Buttstock assembly,...

they have for months. I need one to finish a project so I look every couple weeks ;)

ak-builder had theirs in stock (Arsenal USA made stock w/ their trunnion and hardware) last week when I looked, but they only had around 5. too bad they're out, they had a good price.

xthexheadx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I couldn't make up my mind with my mini Draco, so i went with a fixed stock.Now that i bought a M92 PV, and sent the paperwork off to SBR it, i need to figure out what would be best. I want a side folder, because i don't like the under folder's feel on my cheek when shooting. Whats a good side folder, and where do i buy one?

Check these out:
    US Machinegun: AK-47/YUGO ZASTAVA PAP M92 UPGRADES

Top Bottom