• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clonies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    So I'm having a lawyer draft my NFA trust up on Thursday. I want to SBR a Draco pistol first into looking something like a Krinkov (yes I realize that Krinkov has very little to no actual meaning). Something like this.

KRINKOV.jpg
    *photo is not mine*

Except maybe with some red stained wood furniture. My question is, are there any shops recommended that can do the work for me? I'm fairly busy for the next few months and have no desire to do some gunsmithing on my own weapons just yet.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Couple things, You need to decide your length first and foremost. The Mini Draco will be Krink short where as the Draco will be about 4" shorter then an AK(not factoring in stock). If you go Mini, which is what I did, you need to know that the gas piston tube is not covered. This will factor into the looks. The Draco has a wood cover over the gas piston tube. Other than that, the builds will be similar. The Krink muzzle breaks can be found a lot of places on the web. I have seen many people with the Krink stocks, and they will have advice on where to get one of them. Unfortunately I can't give any advise on what shop would build it for you, as I built mine, but someone should be along soon to fill you in on that. I love my Mini, and once I get the stamp back, I will love it more! Good luck on your build!

clonies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Couple things, You need to decide your length first and foremost. The Mini Draco will be Krink short where as the Draco will be about 4" shorter then an AK(not factoring in stock). If you go Mini, which is what I did, you need to know that the gas piston tube is not covered. This will factor into the looks. The Draco has a wood cover over the gas piston tube. Other than that, the builds will be similar. The Krink muzzle breaks can be found a lot of places on the web. I have seen many people with the Krink stocks, and they will have advice on where to get one of them. Unfortunately I can't give any advise on what shop would build it for you, as I built mine, but someone should be along soon to fill you in on that. I love my Mini, and once I get the stamp back, I will love it more! Good luck on your build!

So glad I didn't buy a regular Draco yesterday. Hah. Thanks for the heads up

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Don't get me wrong, the standard size Draco's are cool, but if you are looking for Krink short without buying a Krink, you should go Draco Mini. I like the classic look of the Krink but am taking the tactical look for mine. Might build another later with the classic look.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Oh man. Too nice. How much does this cost with the rifle and conversion parts?

For an actual krink you will pay a nice chunk of change. Depending on parts, for the Draco route I have paid 350 for the gun, 200 for the stamp, and whatever stock and muzzle break you chose would make your price. So far for accessories, I have a UTG quad rail, angle muzzle break, ace side folding stock and mechanism, hogue grip, krebs safety, and tapco G2 trigger. I would estimate around $860 for everything. I would say you could build a basic krink clone for around $700 depending on your stock.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    mine will eventually be over a grand... but I am going with the ultimak rails
    Right now I just have the gun (400) Battle grip (25) Bart Break (16) and AR style stock and pignose (25). Still need Krebs safety, ultimak top rail, ultimak bottom rail, TWS top cover (have Chaos rear sight), g2 trigger, and CTR stock... not to mention I will probably get an Aimpoint micro for it too

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Is yours like the one in the pic? Would you be willing to maybe invite me along next time you break it out?

Well mine is obviously missing the happy switch, and its got a different muzzle break, but other than that yeah, its pretty much identical.

Your welcome to come the next time I bust it out, thought I can't say off the top of my head when that will be. Maybe later in the month.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Well mine is obviously missing the happy switch, and its got a different muzzle break, but other than that yeah, its pretty much identical.

Your welcome to come the next time I bust it out, thought I can't say off the top of my head when that will be. Maybe later in the month.

Cool, appreciate it. :rockwoot::ar15:

Top Bottom