SC officer charged with murder in man's death. Video catches him plant evidence.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I really don't see why they even had to shoot their legs. Once criminals glimpse the visible godlike halo hovering over the flowing blonde hair and catch the glint of sunlight reflecting from their glistening pistols of virtue, I am astonished that criminals wouldn't throw down an immediate genuflecting salute and fall prostrate to the ground in humble worship.

Or, it could have been at night and the perps mistook the halo for a neon pub sign.

epic, epic

sarcasm Sith Lord

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    funny-Police-German-American-comparison.jpg

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    What's that saying.... in hell all the police are German ?

Here you go.
    In heaven, all the cooks are French, all the engineers are German, and all the police are British.
    In hell, all the cooks are British, all the engineers are French, and all the police are German.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Post #427

An officer is 100% justified in using deadly force if a person is attempting to employ a taser against them.

Kut-

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A wise man on INGO told me this:

An officer is 100% justified in using deadly force if a person is attempting to employ a taser against them.

So if running man shot Office Schmuckatelli with a taser and Officer Schmuckatelli thinks he still has it and it's weapons free on a taser by the prosecution's own admission, what does that make the case?:D

Answer: a lot better for the defense.

(The real answer is we shall see what a jury thinks on this. Case is too hot to plead down).

All I see is a guy with his back turned running.... or rather hobbling away, as an "officer" shoots him in the back.

Matters not what you see, it matters what a reasonable person under those circumstances would see.

What would a reasonable person who had just been subjected to deadly force/batter causing serious bodily injury see? A person with the opportunity to do it again? If he battered me once, is it reasonable to believe he could batter me again?

I see a stronger defense argument here now.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    What the officer said in the report after the shooting is going to be very important.

If the taser can be shot more than once should be important. I doubt the guy hobbling away had a reload cartridge (if one is needed).

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    A wise man on INGO told me this:

So if running man shot Office Schmuckatelli with a taser and Officer Schmuckatelli thinks he still has it and it's weapons free on a taser by the prosecution's own admission, what does that make the case?:D

Answer: a lot better for the defense.

(The real answer is we shall see what a jury thinks on this. Case is too hot to plead down).

Matters not what you see, it matters what a reasonable person under those circumstances would see.

What would a reasonable person who had just been subjected to deadly force/batter causing serious bodily injury see? A person with the opportunity to do it again? If he battered me once, is it reasonable to believe he could batter me again?

I see a stronger defense argument here now.
    If I ever go postal I'm hiring you

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If the taser can be shot more than once should be important

LPD fired the same taser at one of my guys (running from Burglary [which he was acquitted of]) 5 times. Only stopped him by Dutch piling him after his over-sized pants fell down around his ankles.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    SO FAR, it would appear the 'INGO evidence' (links to other blogs, reports, etc.) that the following scenario is emerging (in layman's terms):

* Initial contact, all appears normal.

* For unknown reasons (to the LEO at the time) suspect bolts and runs.

* LEO catches up to suspect, a relatively lengthy (1 minute IS 'lengthy') struggle ensues, over a span of some distance, now escalating 'suspect' to 'perpetrator'.

* Perpetrator gains possession of LEO's Taser, now becoming an 'armed & dangerous perpetrator'.

* Armed & dangerous perpetrator uses Taser against LEO, at least one shot (Taser may be two-shot model).

* Armed & dangerous perpetrator, having shot LEO at least once with Taser, attempts to flee.

* LEO believes armed & dangerous perpetrator to still be in possession of working Taser, making him an 'armed & dangerous perpetrator willing to shoot a cop (or by reasonable and prudent theory, anyone else he confronts)'.

* LEO shoots fleeing armed & dangerous perpetrator to (LEO believes) prevent perpetrators escape with LEO's Taser (now perpetrator's weapon).

Other, as yet unknown, factors may come forward, but at this point 'murder' appears null & void. IANAL to be sure, but that scenario appears to be plausible based on 'evidence' others have put forth in this thread.

Would a LEO be justified in using lethal force to stop a fleeing armed & dangerous perpetrator, that has already shot that LEO, in order to prevent the escape of said armed & dangerous perpetrator? That appears to be the (current) question.

As an aside: Commentary on shooting an armed & dangerous perpetrator 'in the leg' or other such nonsense is too ridiculous to justify a response. Those who believe such Hollywood nonsense have likely never been in an armed combat scenario and should seriously reconsider whether they should carry a firearm themselves.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Post #427

Kut-

100%...... though you'll have to do one hell of a creative writing job showing that was the case here.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom