• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    I've been reading about this type of grind on a knife. I would be interested to know if anyone has one has a knife with this type of edge and what you think of it....

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i love the scandi grind. its great for wood working and bushcraft blades, for notching, carving, food prep, camp chores, ect. Its extremely easy to sharpen in the field due to the grind because the angle is basically set for you. i have multiple scandi blades and love them. if you want a good one at a solid price to mess around with most mora's will work for you and are 10-30 dollars or check out the blind horse knives boat tail scandi. great knife. the one down side is the edge isn't made for super hard use like batoning and what not

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Grew up on Scandi Grind knives. My first real knife was made by a Norwegian blacksmith. I agree with Grunt that the Moras are the best deal around and I buy them from Ragweedforge. I have set them in Buffalo rib, antler and wood handles and they are very functional.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Scandi are very sharp but thin edge. Great for bushcraft and other fine work. A simple leather strop is all you need to keep it sharp. Pick up a Mora for next to nothing and give it a try. A Scandi and a small axe are a great pair.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    This is a video I shot using the CJS IronClad neck knife to shave with. It's a scandi grind. Really a great blade, look for a full review soon.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8dmzPSi2NI&lc=vrU4XlmAQcKPRKv4bR0uBDUJeMdQmeGvxlq57GOrLL8&feature=inbox[/ame]

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Can't really add much to what has already been said! I like my scandi ground knives. Try one and let us know what you think!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My latest Scandi grind knife... a Marttiini

finn1.jpg

Top Bottom