• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'm becoming more and more of a FN fan. I have several of their guns and plan on buying at least two more that I know of. I like their forward thinking and designs.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Good review! What did you think about the muzzle brake? Works very well from what I remember, but man that sucker is loud if you are standing to the side of the person shooting!

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    IMO, it doesn't help your credibility when you try to trick your viewers into thinking they can actually load rounds backwards into their Glocks and they will still function correctly. :twocents:

I think it TOTALLY helps the credibility. Anyone stupid enough to believe that shouldn't be handling guns in the first place.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Anyone hear if they are going to release aftermarket parts for these?

Like what? They already accept AR-15 pistol grips (some modification may be required on some styles), Magpul has their ergonomic ambi selector, and at least two companies have forward rail extensions available.

Wake me when FN makes repair/replacement parts and barrels of various lengths available. ;)

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The selector switch looks nice.

I'd really like a different stock option to be honest. The stock they have now is nice, but doesn't do it all for me. The rifle fully extended is just as long as my 20" bushy. A standard 16" AR is about 4" shorter. I don't see any reason why the stock can't get a little shorter and add a different cheek rest. But that is going to take a while to happen.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Nice review of the SCAR.

However, I question this other video (around 2:50)... YouTube - Jimenez vs the 800lbs Gorilla

IMO, it doesn't help your credibility when you try to trick your viewers into thinking they can actually load rounds backwards into their Glocks and they will still function correctly. :twocents:
    It's called a "joke". If anyone honestly thinks they can load a round backwards and have it feed into a pistol and fire, they're too dumb to live and should learn to play on the dotted line in the middle of the road until they're removed from the gene pool.

If you want a 100% serious channel, perhaps you should look elsewhere. I hear fanny pack boy is 100% serious 100% of the time. :D

Last edited:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    That's funny. I thought the purpose of a "review" was to EDUCATE...
    It wasn't a review, it was obviously a joke video. Do you really think we were comparing a Jimenez JA22 to a Glock?

Did you think the Obaminator video was a "review" too? Did you think that was really the President?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Good review! What did you think about the muzzle brake? Works very well from what I remember, but man that sucker is loud if you are standing to the side of the person shooting!
    The brake works very well. I was impressed. I'm probably going to replace it with a Blackout 51T but if it changes the recoil impulse of the rifle too much I'll put the OEM brake back on. The recoil of the rifle is simply amazing. Just one shooting session and I'm VERY impressed with the rifle. I was ho-hum about it until I shot it. It's one impressive machine.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The selector switch looks nice.

I'd really like a different stock option to be honest.

VLTOR showed off an adapter at SHOT this year, but IDK if or when they plan to make it available for purchase.

vltorscar1.jpg

vltorscar2.jpg

Top Bottom