• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Ruger really botched this in my opinion. First of all, it is not a 45. Most people know this after the first encounter with the literature on the pistol or talking to a seller. Second, if it has a 1911 grip style, then it conceivably could be called a 22/1911.

It isn't the customer who is stupid. It's the Ruger engineer or marketing troll.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Ruger really botched this in my opinion. First of all, it is not a 45. Most people know this after the first encounter with the literature on the pistol or talking to a seller. Second, if it has a 1911 grip style, then it conceivably could be called a 22/1911.

It isn't the customer who is stupid. It's the Ruger engineer or marketing troll.
    Ruger engineers= stupid? .....um, ok

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have to agree that the name of the Ruger 22/45 seems to be the result of: "OK, we've got a great gun....we have have to launch it tomorrow, what are we going to call it?"

vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI

IMHO, Ruger marketing did OK on this one. I have had at least 5 people that I have taken to the range and introduced them to handguns that have said "I really like the feel of the .45, but the .22 is a lot more fun. Do they make a .22 with the feel of a .45?" 2 of them ended up getting the Ruger 22/45 because of the description of a .22 on a .45 frame.

Top Bottom