• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I cringed when I seen this on Live PD. SO many things done wrong.....lucky they are alive. When he takes the moms gun and drops down on the daughter only to fire blanks, could have been the end. The mother was very emotional on Live PD...she started crying....you can tell she didn't want to kill him, plus she knew and recognized him as a customer.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't get the daughter's need to hand the gun to her mom once she got it. It's a revolver, it's not like she didn't know how to operate it. Crucial time was wasted.

And if the daughter had a 1911 he would have been checking himself into the morgue

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Both ladies about died. One about shot the other.

great example of what not to do. Also a great example how if you bring a weapon it can be taken and used against you

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm glad those two weren't hurt!

I'm also amazed that ABC News was so neutral in their reporting. Ordinarily I would expect them to portray the armed defenders as negatively as possible. Maybe it's because they were women and were afraid to smear them?

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Commit to the fight, commit and dominate. Call the police after the fight is over. Those women are brave and lucky. They did fight to make their luck though. That luck was not just given.

Was it good when mom and daughter where not shooting while the robber looked to be ranting and unarmed from a legal stand point?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    [video=youtube_share;GWSkfniQ63Y]http://youtu.be/GWSkfniQ63Y[/video]

Always like Johns videos.

[video=youtube_share;P9kMQV9kWsc]http://youtu.be/P9kMQV9kWsc[/video]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    As usual, the Active Self Protection analysis was very good.

This is a prime example of why limiting your options to a 5-shot, lightweight revolve may not be the best choice. You cannot predict how many rounds it will take to stop a threat. Better shot placement might have helped, but more shot available give you more options.

I hope that when those two recover from their ordeal that they choose to get some training. They had a positive outcome, but some good training and practice might have helped them stop the threat more quickly and reduced the likelihood of losing the gun to the bad guy.

Another thing: carry your gun on your person. Staging guns where you think you'll be able to access them in time can be a bad thing if the opportunity you thought you would have doesn't actually exist at the time.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    He took four rounds did all that fighting and checked himself into the ER!
    Police think he is responsible for several “shotgun”robberies.
    Too bad it wasn't the morgue. If that were my wife and daughter I'd never let them work again unless they were passing money and goods through a slot of bulletproof glass.

Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    JMHO
    These ladies are fortunate. They may have had training but there is probably nothing like be in a real ,face to face fight for your life. The younger woman came very close to shooting the other woman? I can't imagine the intensity of face to face eye to eye combat for your life. I am wondering if they were both using handguns they felt comfortable with? Right or wrong. They may be reconsidering their choices. I am very glad they are ok and the dirtbag is in custody. How many shots were fired in the exchange? No other bystanders were hit with errant shots? How lives can change in the blink of an eye.
    Morgan88

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Im part of a revolver group and semi autos are trashed daily there. So many still feel 5 shot povket guns are adequate. A screen shot of a recent post:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Thanks for posting those ASP videos, just had a chance to watch them. Some valid recommendations.

After reviewing these videos again...I have to wonder if that shotgun was loaded. I'd think so, but he came back for fisticuffs and wrestling as opposed to laying waste to all inside with a superior firearm. Perhaps it was just being used as a prop. Either way he deserved to be shot but those ladies are lucky. Also, when the perp was wrasling the mother daughter should have put a few rounds in his head...but I don't think either of them were ready for the contest.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Am I the only one who hears this music when watching that robbery?

[video=youtube_share;nSnKkuInBhg]https://youtu.be/nSnKkuInBhg[/video]

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’m sick of them claiming this ****bag was an “alleged” robber! EVERYONE watching the video has seen him robbing the place, no ****ing allegations to it, HE ****ING DID IT, ON CAMERA, and but for luck, he still draws breath!:xmad:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I’m sick of them claiming this ****bag was an “alleged” robber! EVERYONE watching the video has seen him robbing the place, no ****ing allegations to it, HE ****ING DID IT, ON CAMERA, and but for luck, he still draws breath!:xmad:

Kirk will be along shortly to object to your objection of the use of "alleged."

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Im part of a revolver group and semi autos are trashed daily there. So many still feel 5 shot povket guns are adequate. A screen shot of a recent post:

What an amateur! Everybody knows you have your finger prints removed with acid after puberty to avoid leaving those breadcrumbs.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Yep, you take your life in your own hands when you steal the restroom key from a convenience store.

Top Bottom