• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I'm not certain if this it the proper place for this but . . . I just had to share this. Hubby laughed, I was a bit frightened.
    This happened as I was leaving work last night.

I said something to the person I car pool with about maybe not wanted to take Lake Shore Dr because of Obama’s party – traffic could be messy. The guy sitting next to me heard his illustrious leader’s name and had to chime in.

Guy: “You know, I’m a little disappointed in Obama giving in to the Tea Party on the debt ceiling. He should have fought harder and gotten things done the right way.”
    Me: “Right way?” (Once again – I have to learn to just run out of here quickly)
    Guy: “Yeah, he has a plan and those Tea Party no nothings keep interfering with him.”
    Me: “ I think it might have been more than the Tea Party.”
    Guy: “Well, all those idiots in Congress. Obama knows what he is doing and he’s trying to take care of this country. They keep messing things up. They really need to just get out of his way.”
    Me: “So Congress should just let the President do whatever he wants?”
    Guy: “It would be better for everyone.”
    Me: “(Name), have you ever read the constitution? Do you know anything about how the government is supposed to run?”
    Guy: “I don’t do that legal stuff, too confusing. Obama will get everyone taken care of if we would just let him.”

At that point I just nodded and headed (quickly) for the door. Fortunately, our rabbi is always looking for a political argument, so he stepped in to cover my tracks.

I might not be very politically savvy, but this scared the living hell out of me. Is this how people actually think? :dunno: Just thought I’d share.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BirdPoop.png

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    That's exactly how people think. At a basic level a VAST majority of people just want to be taken care of. They really don't care who does it, as long as it's not them.

People also believe that one plan is as good as another as long as whoever is in charge is just allowed to do it all the way.

After all, communism would be fine if people would just let it happen.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I'm just having a hard time wrapping my little brain around this kind of thinking.

Don't feel bad, I too can't understand how people can blindly follow someone straight off a cliff and never blink. Like lemming to the sea, people have followed "leaders" who did horrible things, and some people never blinked. History is rife with Hitlers, Pol Pot, Stalin, Jim Jones, Charles Manson, and others who were horrible people, yet had strong followers.

It is hard for me as well to believe that this nobody from Chicago and who knows where else, can so take a country as obama-messiah did. (Yes, I refuse to capitalize his name, and his title should be purple.)

MWCMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    South
    Talking to a twenty something the other day. He said he only votes Dem. (he's union I believe). We got to talking about taxes and he stated that he doesn't pay taxes because he gets a refund every year.:n00b: I'm not sure that he understood how much comes out of his paycheck every week. A few weeks ago the Indy Star had an article that actually stated if you were getting a refund you were not paying taxes.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    He says that until Obama does something he's against, then he'll be asking where the oversight was and how one man gets so much power. I've given up on thinking people have actually read the Constitution and know for what this country stands. The politicians love guys like him though.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Talking to a twenty something the other day. He said he only votes Dem. (he's union I believe). We got to talking about taxes and he stated that he doesn't pay taxes because he gets a refund every year.:n00b: I'm not sure that he understood how much comes out of his paycheck every week. A few weeks ago the Indy Star had an article that actually stated if you were getting a refund you were not paying taxes.

He may be right, provided he was limiting his comment to federal income tax.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I'm not certain if this it the proper place for this but . . . I just had to share this. Hubby laughed, I was a bit frightened.
    This happened as I was leaving work last night.

I said something to the person I car pool with about maybe not wanted to take Lake Shore Dr because of Obama’s party – traffic could be messy. The guy sitting next to me heard his illustrious leader’s name and had to chime in.

Guy: “You know, I’m a little disappointed in Obama giving in to the Tea Party on the debt ceiling. He should have fought harder and gotten things done the right way.”
    Me: “Right way?” (Once again – I have to learn to just run out of here quickly)
    Guy: “Yeah, he has a plan and those Tea Party no nothings keep interfering with him.”
    Me: “ I think it might have been more than the Tea Party.”
    Guy: “Well, all those idiots in Congress. Obama knows what he is doing and he’s trying to take care of this country. They keep messing things up. They really need to just get out of his way.”
    Me: “So Congress should just let the President do whatever he wants?”
    Guy: “It would be better for everyone.”
    Me: “(Name), have you ever read the constitution? Do you know anything about how the government is supposed to run?”
    Guy: “I don’t do that legal stuff, too confusing. Obama will get everyone taken care of if we would just let him.”

At that point I just nodded and headed (quickly) for the door. Fortunately, our rabbi is always looking for a political argument, so he stepped in to cover my tracks.

I might not be very politically savvy, but this scared the living hell out of me. Is this how people actually think? :dunno: Just thought I’d share.
    Ok when that happens we take up arms

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Theodore Roosevelt said:
    To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

TR FTW.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    What would the patriots on the Concord bridge that morning facing the army of the British empire think about the pathetic state of affairs in the country that they were about to lay their lives down for?

Top Bottom