• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Nice. That could be handy parts to make a nice upgrade. Been thinking DAO may not be so bad to learn with as it may force her to stay focused on the sights and to be smooth & steady on the trigger squeeze

As has been mentioned before in the thread, that's very true. As long as she's persistent enough to put up with it to get good it'll make anything else that much easier.

As for the snappyness, some of that is the ammo, a lot is just experience/perspective.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    My wife uses the SCCY CCPX-1 as her EDC. She likes it because it's lightweight and has 10 round capacity. It is a little snappy because of the light weight and being 9mm. But she trains with hers and shoots very well with it and she has gotten used to the trigger. Training regularly always helps. There is also this trigger that you can get as an aftermarket part (hers doesn't have it but I have seen them for sale before): https://gallowayprecision.com/sccy/cpx/short-stroke-trigger-kit-for-sccy-cpx-pistols/

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    [/COLOR]

Have you done anything to it? (lighter springs, etc) I dont find it snappy at all. And the wife doesnt mind it either.
    My CPX2 is completely stock and as someone else mentioned, snappiness is relative. I'm not saying it makes it a bad gun, just that I prefer the SD9VE for prolonged range shooting. If you learn and practice with the CPX2, then it won't seem snappy, and heavier framed guns will just seem realy smooth. :)

deeno3432

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2018
    heartland
    I carry mine alot and its been a reliable gun in the 500 rounds Ive put through it. Ive did several things to reduce that thick grip (removed finger grooves and backstrap reduction) and now its comfortable for my 12 year old daughter to shoot. Ive also put a galloway precision trigger in mine which helped at least with the trigger travel but its still a trigger that isnt IMO for a beginner or weaker person. Great value gun. I keeping mine.

Top Bottom