• ...and so much more!
  • Rescue Loadmaster

Liberal Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    Gibson County
    Hey all,
    I've decided that with the weather taking a turn for the better that I will go ahead and hold the Steel match on Saturday 14 March. I hope you all can make it out for our first match of the season and it should be a lot of fun.

Match details

$10 per gun
    5 Stages (Accelerator, Smoke and Hope, Speed Option, Five to Go, and a Plate Rack)
    104 rounds minimum, 150 would be a better option (Unless you're Max)
    4 strings per stage, with the worst time dropped

Registration begins at 9am and the range goes hot at 10am

Standard range rules apply and participants will receive a safety briefing before the match starts.

I hope to see you there! -Ian

Rescue Loadmaster

Liberal Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    Gibson County
    The steel matches at SCGC will be getting back to the Steel Challenge roots and offer people a fun introduction to competetive shooting. It will not be strictly Steel Challenge Stages, but 4 out of 5 will always rotate from the 8 stages laid out for those matches. I will incorperate a 5th stage that will use a variety of other steel targets but with the same discipline. I hope to see some new faces out there this season, along with those experienced ones we all know. We also encourage everyone to bring your friends, family, and children out to get their feet wet in the sport. I'm really looking forward to a fun Saturday.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My son and I plan to be there. Looks like Max will be getting his 11th birthday present a couple of weeks early. He is showing interest in shooting steel and I plan to encourage him. Ian thank you for keeping these events going and organizing them in the spirt that the club intended.

Last edited:

Rescue Loadmaster

Liberal Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    Gibson County
    Just and FYI for anyone planning on coming out to the match tomorrow. We will still be shooting and will have the tents up to try and somewhat stay dry. I'm sure you all are like me and are itching to get out and start the season. Rain or shine people!

Ian

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Just and FYI for anyone planning on coming out to the match tomorrow. We will still be shooting and will have the tents up to try and somewhat stay dry. I'm sure you all are like me and are itching to get out and start the season. Rain or shine people!

Ian

Tough talk!

wva3470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Good Luck tomorrow Ian and crew. I have family "stuff" to tend to or I would be there also.
    I was out on Wednesday and the gravel drive was definitely soft.
    Bill

Top Bottom