• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2014
    new albany
    Thanks again Max and everyone who helped putting the match on, lots of fun and tough and we are done with the turtle targets

MajMalfunction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Seymour
    I liked the tough stages. The turtles made it even tougher.

Stage 4 did not go so well for me! Some twisted mind must have designed that!:bash:

stage 4 put me on tilt for the rest of the day. I failed to engage those two between the barrels and the wall at the start and never got that mental error out of my head. Still had fun.

Need to to get my stage reading better.

Keith.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Well just to:stickpoke:

I like the turtles partly because most don't - advantage me:):

Partly because they do require me to focus more which is a good thing when it works.

Shooting them at a local every once in a while helps when you go to a local or major match that does use the turtles.

While I don't really want to shoot them all the time it wouldn't bother me if we did. A little mixed in a match every once in a while does change up things a little.

When you shoot a stage or match like yesterday where there are as many white or hardcover targets as they are plane brown targets a little focus on accuracy makes you a better shooter. IMO

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana

Partly because they do require me to focus more which is a good thing when it works.

Shooting them at a local every once in a while helps when you go to a local or major match that does use the turtles.

While I don't really want to shoot them all the time it wouldn't bother me if we did. A little mixed in a match every once in a while does change up things a little.

When you shoot a stage or match like yesterday where there are as many white or hardcover targets as they are plane brown targets a little focus on accuracy makes you a better shooter. IMO

This is why I did use the Classic targets just like they will be in the SS/Pro at the end of the month. I don't like them just because they are POLITICLY CORRECT. We don't shoot Turtles to protect ourselves!!!!

amp7876

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Floyds Knobs, IN

Agreed, I don't particularly like them but they do help. I would also like to see some 6" plates at distance. These seem to show up at major matches as well. Something else that shows up often, while not exactly practical for local matches, are unstable shooting platforms. I have shot leaning hard while hanging onto a rope, sitting in a chair with mags and guns on table, as well as swaying bridges. Lots of fun but require alot of work to build, store, and move.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    I was at the range 8hrs with the Match Sunday so maybe IDPA would go a lot Quicker???????? I am thinking more speed shoots and only 2 maybe 3 Field courses so we can get the match done in 3 hours with 80 shooters, not 5 hours.

The things that held us up at Sundays Match:

Dead kindle on last stage.

Dead Timer last stage.

Multi string double stage with targets with about 500 pasters on each target. The squad ahead of us held us up, we held the squad behind us up....and on and on. Took forever and a day to score and run a shooter.

On the field stages we can turn a shooter every 2 or 3 minutes (I timed it).

I think we could have saved 1.5 hours easily.

The number of shooters does not bother me. I think luxury of turning shooters away at some point is a bad bad idea.

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Maybe we need to offer hookers like the University of Louisville did for basketball recruits.

Also you can just leave your car running, you will be done in 3-5 minutes.

We've moved on to another topic.

I was at the range 8hrs with the Match Sunday so maybe IDPA would go a lot Quicker???????? I am thinking more speed shoots and only 2 maybe 3 Field courses so we can get the match done in 3 hours with 80 shooters, not 5 hours.

Probably eventually would be quicker after attendance went way down.

It is an interesting problem otherwise, I think the reason so many folks show up is at least partially due to the quality and quantity of the field courses, so perhaps you would make the shooting faster and attendance numbers lower (over time) with cutting down on the field courses. Would really be nice to find a way to keep what you have though.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    1. This month is the Indiana Single Stack/Revolver/Production championship. On months when there is a upcoming big match, you are going to have more shooters who want to tune up before the big one.

2. Cabin fever...to an extent. People getting out and wanting to shoot.

3. New shooters. Yesterday there was a lot of new shooters. That's not a bad thing.

4. Yesterdays match was technical and had a lot of no shoots and steel. Steel takes time to reset, especially swingers and maxx traps.

5. Some technical issues with the dead Kindle slowed that squad down and resetting the swinger in the speed shoot backed up squads.

The fact is that some matches you get this. It happens. Most of the time it moves aright along and smoothly.

I would not start 2nd guessing how the match was set up or ran. You don't want to start changing a good thing...that will eventually leads to a painful lesson.

As Yoda says, pain leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to chafing. And I hate chafing.

amp7876

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    Im good with 3 hours or 5, a day shooting, learning, and having a good time is better than sitting on the couch wishing there was somewhere to shoot.

JOM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2014
    yorktown

i agree to this, i try to stay with the Misfits squad yesterday but they kick me out lol...

Top Bottom