• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I can't even pronounce "Schererville." It's my policy not to go to places I can't pronounce. I wish I could go but I'm 4 hours away. I'm off tomorrow and need a gun show fix.

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    Long before Indiana became a state, long before the founding of Schererville, people called this place the "Crossroads." The name was appropriate, for several Indian trails intersected here that later became routes for the wagons of settlers traveling west.
    One of those settlers was Nicholas Scherer, who arrived in the U.S. from Germany in 1846. When he came to this place at the southern tip of Lake Michigan in 1866, he founded the community that bears his name.
    Today, trails still cross at Schererville, the modern trails of a motorized society, U.S. Highways 41 and 30. Nearby are newer trails, I-80/94 and I-65. All these are primary transcontinental routes and gives Schererville its slogan: "Crossroads of the Nation."

The town was named one of the "100 Best Places to Live in the U.S." by Money Magazine in 2007.

Taken from Wiki

manygunsmike

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I've lived in Schererville for the last 2 years and no major complaints. I am attending the show Sunday cause for $5 I get some entertainment. New location and new promoter hopefully a good day:twocents:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was going to go today but figure I better take advantage of the nice weather and take the halloween lights off and put the xmass one on plus *maybe* rack the leaves once more. Let us know how it goes. I think I'll re-save my money and get my reloading stuff next.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I can't even pronounce "Schererville." It's my policy not to go to places I can't pronounce. I wish I could go but I'm 4 hours away. I'm off tomorrow and need a gun show fix.

I live here and I struggle.

Scherer..er..er..er..er..er..er..er.er..what?

Or... just do as the locals do:
    Shurrville.

To rhyme with Murrville.

:)

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    So anyone that went, how was it? I am thinking about checking it out later today and wanted some insight on how it is. Thanks in advance for the input.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I went to sell a gun I don't use much and was successful. Met Manygunsmike there and had a noce conversation. The show itself was very small, it was situated in two rooms and probably had 30 vendors. It makes the Crown Point shows look huge. Tons of people walking around selling guns privately. It was ok on prices, and a fun hour to check things out.

kenyo64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Pretty good show for the first one, not big. Wish there were more firearms. Quailty stuff brings more people next time. Drove 100+ would go again.
    Ken

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    First show in a while that I didn't buy anything. BUT. I didnt get like 10 free Ron Paul bumper stickers from a nice guy with a Ron Paul table. Had a nice chat, I don't know if he's on here but he's a good guy.

Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    :( I didn't even know that this was going on and I live in Schererville, guess I'll wait for the next one I had to work afternoons anyway.

Top Bottom