• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burgers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    More specifically the best option for entry level "toys". I have a Spike's lower that I am going to Form 1 for a SBR build...when I get money that is! I am tired of watching all the youtube videos of everyone having fun with automatics so I am wondering what is a "budget" (yeah right) level option for us civilians to buy?? Or is it even possible to find anything under $5k?

Sparky03

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Lebanon IN
    One could get a MAC11 and a lage max-11 upper all for around 4.5k all day long for 500 more u can get .22 kit so u could shoot 9 and .22

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    Generally, most will start out with something from the MAC family. Some cool WWII pieces can be had for under 5K.

If you want to go really cheap, grab a SlideFire stock for $349 an put it on your SBR!

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Im saving up to go the mac route.

Still not sure if I want to save the extra 5k and just get a FA uzi though. Anyone who has/shot both have a suggestion there?

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    save up and find an registered M16 lower and be done with it. If you scrounge around you can find one from 9 to 10k.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Another route would be the Ruger AC556. They're generally a few $k more than the Mac machine guns; but still considerably less than an M16.

I'd imagine that it's VERY hard to find a serviceable M16 for under $10k. Probably closer to $15k. But I fully admit I've never priced 'em.

-J-

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good thread, should have asked this myself a long time ago. So what could a guy get a "grease gun" for and where would one begin looking to find one? I like simple ugly guns, and I'd probably never be able to afford a Thompson or BAR.

burgers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    No kidding

Looks like I'll be waiting a loooooooooooooooong time to get mine

Yeah this post is real, real early planning for me!

So it looks like either save more pennies or just look at a M-11 is the consensus. Although the Slidefire is a interesting short term solution.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    MAS-38 might be cheap. I saw one sold for 1800 before..somewhere, I can't recall where though it was in the past two years.

Problem is as far as I know nobody sells 7.65 Longue ammunition, or even brass, anymore.

Top Bottom