• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaymare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2018
    Jasper
    Exactly as the title says. I understand that there were many made during the Nazi occupation of Poland. I also know that they are classified as "blocks".

Here is the reason I'm wondering. This story is 2nd hand as my dad told me about it since I was to young to talk to my grandfather about it.(He is no longer with us) My grandfather was a soldier in the European front. "During one of his patrols, as the story goes, his unit happened on a downed pilot who had a radom service pistol. My grandfather grabbed it off him before his commanding officer got there, and stuffed it in his bag." When he passed away, he left that pistol to my uncle. Here is where the story will really make some mad, as it did me. My uncle, decided that he never shoots that pistol, and it had been in his safe for a long time, and he couldn't remember where he got it, so he takes it to a gun shop and sells it. POOF! My grandfather's war trophy is gone! Now comes the good part. My dad had all the bring back paperwork for the pistol. When he sends it to my uncle, my uncle realized that that was the gun he just sold. He went to try and get it back but it had already been sold.

Now... I have the original paperwork, dated and stamped and signed. But no pistol and no serial number. So I'm never going to find it. My dad said that he thinks it's an early model that had a take down lever. I want to get a pistol similar to what my grandfather took off the Nazi pilot.

Can you all school me on these so that I know what to look for.

Sent from Russia with love.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    ALL the Radoms, .25, .32, 9mm, have great reputation for reliability and accuracy. If a clean 9 came along I would jump on it.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    ALL the Radoms, .25, .32, 9mm, have great reputation for reliability and accuracy. If a clean 9 came along I would jump on it.

The Pilots pistol would be a 9mm. The Nsazi pilots favored them. Keep a eye on G-Broker

p.s. The Nazi pilots were also given a 20 Franc 'Lucky Angel.' It was a good luck charm by Goering. British pilots also started to carry them, I have carried one for 25 years . The coin has a Angel on the back with the French Rooster. It is called "Lucky Angel" because the designer, I THINK Dupree, was one of he big wigs in France at the time of of the revolution. Legend is he used one of the Angels to bribe his way out of prison.

If you do find a pistol, the coin, about $240-$270 would be icing on the cake.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What about all the other Radom made firearms?

Fabryka Broni Radom is a factory that has, and does make lots of fine quality small arms.

Perhaps you're referring to the FB Vis and not the current Polish battle rifle:

attachment.php

Last edited:

Jaymare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2018
    Jasper
    What about all the other Radom made firearms?

Fabryka Broni Radom is a factory that has, and does make lots of fine quality small arms.

Perhaps you're referring to the FB Vis and not the current Polish battle rifle:

attachment.php
    Yes I am referring to the P-35 Radom

Sent from the tardis

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    My friend's Father had a VIS 35. Fired it a few times and was impressed with the ruggedness and reliability. They are rare. Have only seen two or three at the gun shows, in the last thirty years.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No, I can assure you that it's gone. My uncle is not all there...

Sent from the tardis

I see.
    Not trying to start anything but from a safety stand point if he is a bit off center should he even have firearms...???

We had to remove a relatives collection for this very reason. Not a fun thing to do.

Jaymare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2018
    Jasper
    I see.
    Not trying to start anything but from a safety stand point if he is a bit off center should he even have firearms...???

We had to remove a relatives collection for this very reason. Not a fun thing to do.
    No he it is not of that sort of mental capacity.

Sent from the tardis

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    And of course, it to forever to post from my phone. and now i sound like a dick. If the uncle is off a little, i can see not remembering

Top Bottom