• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    Instead of spending hours and hours scouring the internet, I figured it would be best to ask folks here to impart some of their knowledge and experience to me. Right now I am looking for two things in particular. First, I would like to pick up some good gloves for shooting during the winter months. Second, I would like a bag for carrying mags, some loose ammo, and other odds n' ends. Let me know what you guys use, features to look for, and anything else.

Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    I hated to do it, but I didnt include more information initially because I didnt know what information would be most relevant. I shoot handguns and rifles outdoors. As far as a bag goes, I would like something easily portable with good organization. I wont be cramming my entire ammo supply in it. Let me know if there is any other information needed.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Not to be silly, but the Midway range bag is a good deal... 2 sizes, around $20-30 for the small, and $30-40 for the large... Gloves, mittens, are available, for "hunters", that the part that covers your fingers, folds back, and your fingers are covered by a thin layer of material... There are also "finger" gloves, where the underside of the gloves, are thinner, or the finger just comes out to shoot. Look around, and see if you can find items, at your local stores, try Army Surplus, etc... Make sure they fit, and are comfortable ...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I also use the LA Police Gear Bailout Bag in the link above when I'm just shooting pistols. I don't think you can beat it for the $19.99 price tag. I've got 2 of them now. One serves as my emergency car bag. I've had great experiences with LA Police Gear overall.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I picked up these UA gloves earlier this fall - that have been great. Thin enough that you still have use of your hands and trigger, but block the wind enough to be somewhat warm.

Men?s UA Scent Control Gloves | 1238809 | Under Armour US

In regards to a range bag, I have a couple of random bags that I rotate so not much guidance. From my experience, buy larger than you think you will need....

Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    Unfortunately it looks like UA doesnt make the gloves from the esrice review anymore. Its kind of disappointing because I found another pair of gloves with the same grip material/pattern, and I loved the grip. However, the other brand cuts dexterity more than the UA gloves I tried on. So far the UA gloves have felt the best, but I wish they had a bit more grip to them. Thanks for the info guys. I think I am headed in the right direction now.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have no personal experience with these, but they are what I would try next if I was still looking for a dextrous shooting glove.

From Indiana's Cory & Erika:

[video=youtube;rZbfmnTgJRs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZbfmnTgJRs[/video]

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Another vote for the Midway USA bag. LOVE it. Great organization and holds everything I need. Plus it comes with additional pieces that can be used in conjunction with the bag or separately.

MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag

I use the Mechanix original gloves and buy them from Amazon. I buy multiple pairs at a time to get free shipping. They are not real warm, but they are better than nothing. They offer acceptable dexterity, affordable pricing, and very good durability.

Mechanix Wear MG-72-010 Original Glove, Coyote, Large - Amazon.com

Top Bottom