• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Have an offer to acquire one in a trade, would like to know what everyone's opinions on the rifle is. Pro's Con's etc. Also if anyone can notice anything wrong with the rifle? This would be my first AK :rockwoot:i am a little weary because i have heard good and bad things about them.

Here are some pictures of the gun

1zdygz9.jpg

515ydg.jpg

21maxvs.jpg

feguqc.jpg

2rrutth.jpg

30v0h9k.jpg

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The WASR 10 is a reliable, tough, weapon that is capable of sufficient accuracy for battlefield conditions.
    I have "several" AK's and two of them are WASR 10's.
    Neither has had a failure to feed, fire, or function as designed.
    Just look out for canted front sight blocks.
    They are not as pretty as some of the other AK clones, but they do exactly the same thing.

StrongSide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    NWI
    It's a 500-600 AK. They are cheap made Romanians. Sights most likely while be canted, key holing is possible/probable.

Come in double stack or single stack. Doubles are converted, some are done pretty ****ty and the mags will loosely fit and have lots of wobble.

It is a cheap training weapon imported. Some places would like to ask $1,000 for them currently, unless it is buy one get one free they are praying on idiots.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Had 1 once. Could not sell it fast enought. I am not a big fan of AK-47s, they just don't work for me. But I really like 74s. This is the crappiest of the 47s.

I had the oppurtunity to shoot a Hungarian back to back with the WASR an it was definately inferior. If you want an AK, do yourself a favor and save for a good one. Buy once or buy twice in my opinion.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I had one until this past February. It was a lot of fun to shoot. Paid $229 for it. Sold it with 5 or 6 30 round mags and 6 or 7 hundred rounds of ammo for $600. If I would have waited a day I could have sold it for $1000. I see someone has already modified it to take 30 round mags. Mikhail Kalashnikov designed it well. They can be sloppy junk and just keep shooting. What are you trading? Might help to see if it is worth the trade.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I have 2 & they are fine. They are a basic AK & mine has gone bang every time I pull the trigger on a live round. They're accurate enough for gov't work. I paid $600 for one (actually 2 of them, his & hers) and $35o for the other (used underfolder).

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Good times

Have shot a couple WASR 10's and they ate everything. Sure, it isn't the prettiest AK; rough wood furniture, but if you get one without canted sights and tight double stack, they are damn fun to shoot. Plus you don't really don't have to worry about getting it a little roughed up, scratched, or dirty either. I enjoyed the ones I've shot!

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Back when I was in the market for an AK, The gist of my research said to not get a wasr10 unless it was at least a wasr10-63. I went the pistol route and bought a Yugo m-92. After looking it over and trying to figure out how I could squeeze some accuracy out of it, I realized it just wasn't going to meet my standards so I sold it. I would still like a nice AK sbr if I had the money to spare.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    If you want an AK just to have an AK and play with one go for it. I've have shot plenty of wasr's and most are fine. They go bang, hold together, and function well. The mag wobble can be annoying to some, but they all don't do it. If the trade is good for you and you like the rifle then rock n roll. :smileak:

tacdriver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    VA
    Good reliable inexpensive AK’s, as one of our members mentioned, look for canted front site and gas blocks, aside from that they are what they are and should do what all AK’s do.

From the picture you provided the rifle looks like your standard import conversion of a singles stack model converted to take standard double stack AK mags.

Not 100% on the hand guards but appears bulgy wood, Houge pistol grip and retractable M4 style stock. Along with the scope mount those items could add a few bucks to her the two tapco spare mags are inexpensive but once again they serve their purpose. cant tell the type of mag in the well could be a bulgy but once again adds a little bit to the deal. Overall a decent rifle for what it is and should run like a hose.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    I have one for me and one for the wife, we both find them a pleasure to shoot. Accuracy is decent, I use license plates at 50 yards and hit them almost every time, when I don't usually my fault. IMHO get rid of the wood, plastic just looks better and is as tough as the rest of the gun. I believe the canted sights were an early problem and so much on the newer imports.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    As everyone else has said, look for the things listed.
    I have one and it is pretty nice for the 399.99 I paid. It hasn't let me down yet.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Good reliable inexpensive AK’s, as one of our members mentioned, look for canted front site and gas blocks, aside from that they are what they are and should do what all AK’s do.

From the picture you provided the rifle looks like your standard import conversion of a singles stack model converted to take standard double stack AK mags.

Not 100% on the hand guards but appears bulgy wood, Houge pistol grip and retractable M4 style stock. Along with the scope mount those items could add a few bucks to her the two tapco spare mags are inexpensive but once again they serve their purpose. cant tell the type of mag in the well could be a bulgy but once again adds a little bit to the deal. Overall a decent rifle for what it is and should run like a hose.

The other mag is a circle 10, and it has a tapco retractable stock. I am not sure yet if it has a Chrome lined barrel? I will ask the seller tonight

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    i have had many wasr's over the years. some had canted sights that are easy to fix. one had a bolt that was for a ten rd mag (narrower on the bottom) and would miss the bullet on the left side of mag and fail to load 50% of the time, easy fix buy new regular ak bolt and check head space. mag wobble was easy to fix also with a spot weld and a washer. all guns were accurate (minute of man) to approx 300 yds. never had a 47 with a keyhole problem but did have a 74 that did. all my romys had chrome lined barrels that have never rusted and i love all of them. i have never scoped or tried to pimp an ak i think they are a true all environment battle rifle as they are.:ar15: all of them ran like pickel seeders except the one with the 10 rd bolt. now with that said i never paid more than $375 for one. if your a gun snob or if you dont like to tinker with them to make them great you might not be happy with a wasr.:twocents:

Top Bottom