• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Many Police pensioners in IL reach the 100k mark for annual pension.
    Chicago’s Police pension fund will run out of money in late 2020

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Umm....

Hellooooo......:wavey:

Austin is in deep doodoo this year: https://texasmonitor.org/like-other...ployee-pension-plan-in-crisis-new-study-says/

As bad as many of these states are, we cannot just look at the libertard states. Many municipalities run by alleged conservative republicans have done the same stupid as liberal democrats. No one wants to put on their work boots, pull their pants up and tell voters that they need to pay more into programs for their civil servants.

The problem is that there are NO laws regarding what a municipality can project on the money they put into a pension plan for police, fire, streetworkers, etc etc etc. So over the years they have projected extremely high interest rates and put in enough money to meet obligations at a 9%, 10%, 15% return. Of course, when you don't get those returns year after year the gap between what was put in and what is needed in the future grows ever wider.

IF you want this fixed everywhere it will take a federal law to tell municipalities that you can only assume (as an example) a 3% growth rate. Therefore you must put in enough money to pay Officer Barnie Fife expecting a 3% growth rate.

When they do this EVERYONE will scream bloody murder! The democrats won't have ANY money left for their pet social projects and the republicans will scream about government overreach. (Of course, the Republicans have been just as stupid as the dems, but they won't admit this.)

That is why nothing will change.

So buy gold and land, that will have some value. And buy guns, to protect the gold and land.

Regards,

Doug

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The Indiana Teacher Fund combined with the PERF fund several years ago. I think they still have separate boards governing each. The teacher fund is divided between the Pre 96 Fund and the current fund. The current fund is considered to be fully funded due to increased contributions. The Pre 96 Fund is still underfunded by quite abit. We are told the underfunded fund will take care of itself in 25 or 30 years. Think about the time frame and the age of the retirees in that fund and you will understand why that is. The Teacher Retirement Fund has not received a COLA raise in the last 8 years. The state has given a stipend to retirees the past several years. You do need to understand the difference between a raise and a stipend. So, this is just one explantion why retirement funds in Indiana are considered to be in better fiscal condition than other states. I am sure there are other valid reasonas as well.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Back when I was still a street grunt in Cincinnati PD we had a position called “Weekend Duty Officer.”

The chief and assistant chiefs rotated working weekends from 0800-1600. The only purpose of this duty was to allow these officers to pad their pensions. One assistant chief in particular always wore soft clothes, and when he answered his radio the roar of the crowd at Riverfront Stadium during Reds games could be heard in the background. Nice work if you can get it.

At one point our police chief assigned this duty to himself every weekend for months, which means that at time and a half he was earning 24 hours in extra compensation every week.

A cop’s pension in Ohio at that time was based on a percentage of his three highest years of compensation, including the payouts he receives for various types of compensatory time. Many states employ this system, and it usually results in a modest boost in an officer’s pension. When that chief retired he received the biggest lump sum retirement payout in the history of Ohio’s police pension system and a pension to match. State legislators went crazy, and rightfully so. He raped a system that was meant to compensate working cops for years of working family holidays and appearing in court in what was supposed to be their off time.

They changed the system. There was a window during which you could choose the old spoils system OR a cost of living increase based on base salary. The latter was better in the long run IF you live long enough.

The moral of the story is that if someone can game the system, they will, especially high-ranking crooks and those who enjoy their favor.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Apparently I re-entered the work force too late in life. Pensions that exceed an annual salary are not something I would have expected to exist.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well, well, well......

scumbags.jpg

https://www.local10.com/news/local-...n-douglas-high-assault-involving-sheriffs-son

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Umm....

Hellooooo......:wavey:

Austin is in deep doodoo this year: https://texasmonitor.org/like-other...ployee-pension-plan-in-crisis-new-study-says/

... Many municipalities run by alleged conservative republicans have done the same stupid as liberal democrats. .

Austin is by no means run by alleged conservative republicans. Also, if you can find a big city that's run by alleged conservative republicans, let the rest of us know.

In other news (and the reason I looked up this thread, since all the other Parkland threads seemed to be locked):

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel to be removed next week

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Austin is California lite. Pretty sure its blatantly Liberal run. I know it is the most liberal city in the state. Been there several times and it is obvious. My last trip I discovered that they outlawed plastic bags. And if I wanted a paper bag because I forgot my reusable one (or didnt know I needed one), I had to pay either a nickel or a quarter per paper bag, I dont recall which. And the funniest thing was as I was talking to the cashier and revealed the source of my confusion being an out of towner, he said "and the stupid thing? Two blocks that way and you can still get plastic bags at the registers." (just outside city limits)
    And they had to ring up the bags so they knew how many were being consumed so it could be reported to .gov.

It seems to be where all the left leaning folks that are sick of the progressives are moving to.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Austin is California lite. Pretty sure its blatantly Liberal run. I know it is the most liberal city in the state. Been there several times and it is obvious. My last trip I discovered that they outlawed plastic bags. And if I wanted a paper bag because I forgot my reusable one (or didnt know I needed one), I had to pay either a nickel or a quarter per paper bag, I dont recall which. And the funniest thing was as I was talking to the cashier and revealed the source of my confusion being an out of towner, he said "and the stupid thing? Two blocks that way and you can still get plastic bags at the registers." (just outside city limits)
    And they had to ring up the bags so they knew how many were being consumed so it could be reported to .gov.

It seems to be where all the left leaning folks that are sick of the progressives are moving to.

Once again, our "betters" making "good" decisions for the unwashed, ignorant masses. They don't just want us to believe as they, but also do as they believe (apologies to H. L. Mencken).

Plastic bag bans, bans on straws, taxes on sugary drinks, etc, etc, all in the name of what's good for us.

Top Bottom