• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So what is your point then?

I think I made it pretty plain. If you have specific questions I didn't already address, feel free to ask. Else we're just talking in circles.

I insinuate nothing. I made it very plain. Read the article we are discussing:

"Even though current security measures are in place, Montpelier school leaders decided to allow staff members to receive a concealed carry permit and bring firearms into Montpelier schools.

"Although we felt we were doing a good job with keeping the doors locked and making the visitors sign in and all that, we just felt as though it was time to take another step," explained Superintendent Jamie Grime."

Pretty plain that this is intended as a security measure, part of the overall security plan. They are intended to be armed guards for the school, not just carrying to carry.

As far as "they were hired to teach" so what? Does that mean that's all they can do? Pilots were hired to fly. Yet we, as a nation, decided that with training they could also act as armed guards for the cockpit of the plane they are in control of.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    A Federal Flight Deck Officer is, by law, an additional layer of security provided by the flight cockpit crew. Flight crew members are deputized Federal LEOs, and authorized by the TSA to use firearms to defend against criminal acts upon aircraft. The flight crew is not compensated for this duty.

So why again can't teachers be utilized in a similar manner, consistent with their employment and position?

Top Bottom