• ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Hello INGO,

As you've no doubt seen over the past several months, the school boards have been on the minds of many parents and community members across the country. I admit that up until the 2020 election, I didn't know any of the school board candidates on my ballot and it's pretty clear in talking with so many people over the last several weeks I was not alone in blindly voting. Even in 2020 I only knew of 1 school board member and he was an incumbent I did not wish to vote for. The ones I voted for, I really didn't know anything about them. I didn't know where they stood on the issues.

In Indiana, school board members and candidates do not declare a political affiliation. This can make it very difficult to find a candidate to vote for that shares your values. It's paramount to know this if you have children or grandchildren in a school district. Even if you don't have kids enrolled in school, those classrooms are full of the future of our country. It's in all of our best interest to ensure we are taking a hard look at how those kids will be taught and what policies will be forced upon them.

With all this in mind, my wife and I decided to start a website, www.schoolboardaudit.com with very straight forward goals:

-Equip voters with the info they need to make sure they're voting for candidates that represent their values
    -Encourage members of the community to step up and run for school board positions

We developed a questionnaire and have already begun submitting it to school board members in central Indiana. We've also had a handful of candidates contact us wanting to get their hat in the ring. Those candidates have also been given the questionnaire. The board members and candidates will each have their own page outlining their positions. We will add as many school districts as we can between now and next Nov in the hopes that on election day, voters can know where the candidates on their ballots stand on important issues facing our communities. A quick trip to the website, a click on their school district and the information will be right there in front of them.

If you have some time and interest in this topic, please stop by the site and check it out. We will be adding more content as we ramp up to Nov 2022. It will be a lot of work but anything worthwhile takes sweat equity.

You can also connect with us if you'd like to help out or have your school district added. If a prayer is what you're able to offer, I can't think of anything better to give and we would appreciate it so much.

Thank you for reading this and I hope this will ultimately be a service to you in the coming election(s)

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    That is a very good idea. Last election we cleaned house on the school board after they tried ramming a $55M dollar swimming pool down our throats. Was gonna tax people bad....so the community stepped up and joined to vote it down and then we elected several new people.

The bad thing is.....I don't know them or what they stand for. I just voted for them because they were not part of the group who wanted $55M. For all I know they could have been just as bad, or worse.

This site will be very helpful to people. Best to you and thanks for giving this a shot!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    That is a very good idea. Last election we cleaned house on the school board after they tried ramming a $55M dollar swimming pool down our throats. Was gonna tax people bad....so the community stepped up and joined to vote it down and then we elected several new people.

The bad thing is.....I don't know them or what they stand for. I just voted for them because they were not part of the group who wanted $55M. For all I know they could have been just as bad, or worse.

This site will be very helpful to people. Best to you and thanks for giving this a shot!
    Well done! o7

That's the kind of energy I hope every voter in every school district across the state comes with in 2022. If we can give folks more information about the candidates, all the better!

If you want your district added, PM me or email me on the website and we can reach out and try to get their stated positions for you.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Very nice website. Hopefully you get these folks to respond to your questionnaire.
    Thanks for the kind words. First website I've built and still learning as I go.

I do hope we can get all the school board members to respond. Either way, they WILL be up on our website. We will go back and look at their voting record, their social media and public comments on issues and utilize that data to determine where they stand on issues.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Please add Danville Community Schools to your site.

I think this next election will be about us voting out every single one of our Danville Town Council members. Already takes 2 hours to get thru Danville in rush hour........and they seem to think it is smart adding a subdivision with like 2000 new homes on West end of town.

I hope we clean house! The only say people have is to unite and vote em all out......

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good luck. I suspect many board members will ignore your requests. *puts on my Carnack turban* I suspect out of the surveys you DO receive, the vast majority will be conservative Republican (CR) types. There will be many who dont respond. (likely liberal Democrats, or LDs... many scared to admit their leaning after seeing the response to their votes and ideals now that parents are waking up)

And if you look closely at voting records (not easy) you will probably find that the response ratio of CRs to LDs is skewed... meaning you'll get more CRs responding than exist based on voting patterns. (once again, impossible to correlate realistically)These fascist liberals are the ones pushing to keep political affiliations secret, as if they dont matter.

But I seriously applaud you for your efforts. While it doesnt affect me as a homeschooler, I appreciate what you are doing to make those that dont/cant take as much interest in our kids better.

Now if you'll excuse me, this Principal, needs to go slip into bed with a teacher.... shhhhh dont tell anyone. :naughty:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Please add Danville Community Schools to your site.

I think this next election will be about us voting out every single one of our Danville Town Council members. Already takes 2 hours to get thru Danville in rush hour........and they seem to think it is smart adding a subdivision with like 2000 new homes on West end of town.

I hope we clean house! The only say people have is to unite and vote em all out......
    Sounds good. I'll add Danville to the list and get it updated.

If the school board audit goes well and we can get the info timely, I do have a larger plan to include town councils, judges, etc...basically the rest of the ballot but one step at a time.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Good luck. I suspect many board members will ignore your requests. *puts on my Carnack turban* I suspect out of the surveys you DO receive, the vast majority will be conservative Republican (CR) types. There will be many who dont respond. (likely liberal Democrats, or LDs... many scared to admit their leaning after seeing the response to their votes and ideals now that parents are waking up)

And if you look closely at voting records (not easy) you will probably find that the response ratio of CRs to LDs is skewed... meaning you'll get more CRs responding than exist based on voting patterns. (once again, impossible to correlate realistically)These fascist liberals are the ones pushing to keep political affiliations secret, as if they dont matter.

But I seriously applaud you for your efforts. While it doesnt affect me as a homeschooler, I appreciate what you are doing to make those that dont/cant take as much interest in our kids better.

Now if you'll excuse me, this Principal, needs to go slip into bed with a teacher.... shhhhh dont tell anyone. :naughty:
    ROFL! Thanks for the comments CMonk.

One way or another, every single school board member will have a profile on our website. They can basically curate it themselves or we will have to infer their positions based on their voting records, socials and community comments. No info will demonstrate they do not care about the community and want to operate in the dark.

I applaud you for home schooling the kids. We thought about it, my wife has been a stay at home mom for 17 years but so far we've been able to fight hard enough that we've been ok leaving our kiddos in the school district. That may change, we'll see. I do know that your well rounded intelligent home school kids will grow up to a world of indoctrinated marxist if we don't at least put our best foot forward for those communities who do not want that in their school districts. o7

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Bartholomew Consolidated School Corp. (BCSC) needs some vetting if you could please add them.
    They must need some vetting. I've had multiple request for BCSC so we will get them going as soon as possible. I'll PM you when we they're up.

Initially we just put the basic information out there, who the board members are and a link to the board meeting minutes. We will attempt to reach out and see if we can get the questionnaire completed written or verbal.

Thanks for showing the interest in your community. We need lots of eyes on in Nov 2022 and it'll be here before we know it.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Thanks, this is a great idea. One thats been needed for quite some time and I hope it grows into something spectacular. This is not easy to get info unless you know exactly where to look, which I admittedly do not. We definitely need to get back control of our schools.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I ask school board candidates if they are R or D when they approach me at the polls on election day. Every single one of them always said “school board is non partisan” to which I would reply “Yes, I’m aware, but again, are you democrat or republican, because I do not vote for Democrats, ever” it was a great way to get a read on what the candidate was all about. The republicans would always smile and eventually work into the conversation that they were republicans, the democrats would get pissed and find a reason to get away from me, and this is going back at least 25-30 years.

This website is a great idea, very well done.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Thanks, this is a great idea. One thats been needed for quite some time and I hope it grows into something spectacular. This is not easy to get info unless you know exactly where to look, which I admittedly do not. We definitely need to get back control of our schools.
    Getting people to take a position will definitely be the challenge. We will do our best to discern positions if they refuse to give us the info we need. We also would like to have a few liaison's in each school district that can track this info down.

We have some other strategies we are deploying right now to get information. We shall see how that goes too.

This is exactly why we are starting now. Figured we would need a year to get this really built up to a point where more than just a handful of districts voters can use the site.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I ask school board candidates if they are R or D when they approach me at the polls on election day. Every single one of them always said “school board is non partisan” to which I would reply “Yes, I’m aware, but again, are you democrat or republican, because I do not vote for Democrats, ever” it was a great way to get a read on what the candidate was all about. The republicans would always smile and eventually work into the conversation that they were republicans, the democrats would get pissed and find a reason to get away from me, and this is going back at least 25-30 years.

This website is a great idea, very well done.
    That's an excellent strategy! Well played. o7

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Is there not a way to see what someone is registered as? Just wondering how the media and such find out info on who voted last and what they were registered as. Is it public info somewhere?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Is there not a way to see what someone is registered as? Just wondering how the media and such find out info on who voted last and what they were registered as. Is it public info somewhere?
    Your party affiliation is a matter of public record but in Indiana we don’t have to register a party to vote. But I’m sure there’s public record somewhere.

Top Bottom