• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Bought a savage in .243 and am looking at scopes. Would like a good one out to 200+yds. Gonna use it for target and some coyote hunting. Going to pick the gun up today and get started on getting the scope lined up and mounts as well. Any suggestions on a good scope. Would like to stay under $500 or so. If you have a .243 why scope are you using and would you change it?

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I like the Sightron Big Sky series of scopes. The higher power scopes (I believe any power higher than a 3-9) have adjustable objectives which is nice. The glass is ultra clear and sharp and that is compared to higher end Leupold, NIKON, etc.

Another way to go would be a nice fixed power scope. My deer hunting rifle (only shooting out to 200) wears a leupold m8 6x42 and is one of my favorite scopes. Heavy duplex and allows for maximal light gathering.

Anyways, just a couple ideas. Good luck!

savage 1212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    NE Indiana
    With a 243 your range potential is well beyond 200 yds. I would put a Leupold VXII 6-18 AO with the duplex or fine duplex reticle on it. For the mounts steel Weaver style bases and Burris Signature Zee rings.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I mount a 6x42 Leupold on most new hunting rifles these days, and my utility 243AI Montana has one with an M1 elevation turret.

Talley LW mounts are the way to go as well.

Top Bottom